Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 - biggest, fastest Ninja ever made

7K views 49 replies 15 participants last post by  fslflint 
#1 ·
So, the first reviews are out on the new ZX-14, and they sound pretty promising, a claimed 200hp and 115 lb/ft. of torque push it along quite nicely! You can read a good first ride review of it HERE

One of the guys that did a test drive ran 9.98 in the 1/4 mile!!!!

A great quote:

"From what I experienced, the ZX-14 is so user-friendly that anyone who has ever dreamed of dragracing can take their bike out and have a shot at a 9-second quarter-mile, without changing a single thing. Then they can ride it to the track, compete with anything there, and then ride home in comfort on their bone-stock, 186-mph, 9-second, sport-touring motorcycle. Isn't technology grand?"

#27 ·
About 2 months ago there was a track day here. There was about 7-8 ZX-14's there and about 2 dozen busa's.. 3 of the Kaw were slammed, with full exhaust's and geared. 90% of the time those 3 guys were up against busa's with the same mod's.. EvERYONE at the track wanted to know what these new bikes had esp the track owner. Believe it or not 98% of the time they got beat.. The Busa's were still owning the track, dont ask me why but they were

#28 ·
^ thats suprising^

after all the hype ive heard. numbers ive read. stories ive listend to. the zx suposedly spanks the busa.

:wtf:

#30 ·
Also, the Busa has been out for a while, the parts for them are more tuned now, and the so are the riders. They've had years to practice riding on a Busa, whereas the ZX-14 just came out a while ago.

I'm not really a fan of either, I'm just saying the odds werent completely fair here...

Or maybe I just want someone to dethrone the Busa so I don't have to see them on every damn magazine cover! LOL!

#31 ·
ChinaSteve said:
YEA well anything can go fast in a straight line
i misread him or maybe just assumed it was a drag track day cuz why the fuck would zx14's and busas be on a real track?! :LolLolLolLol:

#33 ·
CBR420 said:
^^^That's Funny :LolLolLolLol:
I was never a big fan of the Busa in the first place, and then people did ever gay thing imaginable with them, and then did it over and over again, only reaching new gayer levels each time, until it got to the point where I almost want to vomit when i see one! :LolLolLolLol:

Don't get me wrong, it's not the bike, although its not my style, I do realize mechanically it's a nice machine, but its really what people did to them that made me hate them!

#36 ·
^ exactly what we're talking about.

look how much aesthetic work has gone into that bike! ENDLESS! however the polishing is shitty. and it has stock rearsets and a marginal pipe. crapola. i bet everything is basically stock on it besides looks. YUCK!

#37 ·
929_adam said:
^ exactly what we're talking about.

look how much aesthetic work has gone into that bike! ENDLESS! however the polishing is shitty. and it has stock rearsets and a marginal pipe. crapola. i bet everything is basically stock on it besides looks. YUCK!
Dude.... pink is the most aerodynamic color, that thing is probably WICKED fast! :LolLolLolLol:

#41 ·
well this is completely off subject

but im wondering if any of you have seen the B-King?
(factory naked Busa basically)

i wonder if Kawa will release something similar. There has been rumors of a Z1400 (to replace the Z1000 and compete with B-King)

anywho, i think its pretty damn interesting. and it makes me reconsider ever wanting another bike

#42 ·
Radioaktiv said:
well this is completely off subject

but im wondering if any of you have seen the B-King?
(factory naked Busa basically)

i wonder if Kawa will release something similar. There has been rumors of a Z1400 (to replace the Z1000 and compete with B-King)

anywho, i think its pretty damn interesting. and it makes me reconsider ever wanting another bike
The B-King:
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

So... that exhaust... is FUGLY imo!!!! Other than that, pretty sweet (especially next to a regular 'Busa) Unfortunately, it is NOT supercharged like the concept bike was, but with a Busa motor, it should have more than enough power!

Also... they are coming out with a new Bandit with like 1255ccs or something like that:
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

Not too shabby for a Bandit!

So far... the only thing that Kawi's got coming out for new models with a big ass engine.....

The Concours-14- a sport tourer based on tyhe ZX-14, so it looks like Suzuki should be claiming the throne once again, at least for a year! :LolLolLolLol:

Not sure about Kawi's response, if any...

#45 ·
ab420 said:
I would like to meet in person, anyone who can actually take a Busa out on the street and use it to it's full potential.....

...so if anyone knows Ghostrider, let me know, otherwise, I don't think its gonna happen!
:LolLolLolLol:

Shit, most people on 600's can't even ride it to its full potential on the street.

what do you mean by use it to its full potential, like in corners, or in a straight line, i can wrangle all 30hp out of my 250, about 10,000rpm at 50mph entering and 55mph exiting a 15mph turn, but of course here in pensacola, FL there are no twisties, and no turns without sand all over the place haha:evilred:

#46 ·
ab420 said:
Shit, most people on 600's can't even ride it to its full potential on the street.
haha. we try like hell tho! :D

#48 ·
the cb, sorry to say, needs the most work. that thing is plain jane! looks alot like an old cb..just gotta bigger lump, updated parts, and edgier lines.

id like to do that up for sure. itd be a hell of a challenge.:rock:

#50 ·
I actually saw a bimota erlier this year. I was like WTF? it looks like a ducati monster from starwars. cool lookin. sure got a double take from me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.