Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

My 06 GSXR750 Bobber

6K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  Frankie Figs 
#1 ·
I've been wanting to do something with the tail on my bike for over a year. So I finally did :D The subframe on these bikes is 3 pieces so I removed the rear part, cut down the battery tray. and ziptied the hell out of everything! I want to close it in and mount a LED strip taillight or maybe a very short tail. I'm thinking about using a stock tail for another bike and cutting the last 4-5 inches from it to make my mini tail. Heres the pics as it sits. I usually run a 7" Akrapovic slip-on but I felt like being a hooligan and pissing the neighbors off :LolLolLolLol:

-Frankie

See less See more
#7 ·
Its far from being finished and I put the turndown on just to be different. I have an 06 636 taillight Im gonna try to mock up on there when I get a chance.

Keep em coming, good or bad, I'm looking for insight :)

#10 ·
then why do anything cosmetic :confused:

If all you need is a running bike with no fairings and a bunch of shit strapped on, then I can quit at anytime and be cool with it :nuts:

(im not referencing your bike frankie figs ;) )

Edit: btw fit and finish is a phrase, non of my vehicles are ever "finished" but you can have a "finish" to sections, aye?

#9 ·
I don't like the header, and the tail needs finishing. My bobber tail looked like ass, till I finally bit-the bullet and made one from scratch. the stock subframe will never look good as a bobber. that was my experience anyway.

the rest of the bike looks great though, so you're headed in the right direction. :rock:

#12 ·
stickers and ratty parts are the american way gildo, dont nobody know that like us canadians!

actually i like the fuckin thing, its ratty as sin come to town, id leave it as is and make it uglier. but then im a sucker for punishment...

#14 ·
i think its a good start. ill never be the one person to knock someone elses work. he knows the finish is ruff and said it himself he isnt done. if it was me i would glass in a tail light finish off by the seat a lil more and call it a day with that tail end

#17 ·
well when I squint my eyes i like it... it has some nice lines but it kind of looks like it took about ten minutes to make. did you zip tie the tail light on there or is that just the license plate? i would do something about the tail to make it look like you want it that way. kind of looks like your tail just fell off and you couldn't find it again...

#18 ·
It did take about 10mins to make lol And yes, everything is ziptied on there. I'm picking up a tail to hack up later today. Idk when I'll get to working on it but at least I'll have some parts :)

#20 ·
I was looking at your sub-frame again, an you know, I don't think it looks all that bad. I think if you close it up and finish it with some plastics in the back it should look pretty good.

Hey man, you should meet up with the rest of us FL fighterers at Motorcycle Madness in Punt Gorda this labor day weekend.

#21 ·
That subframe is gonna have to stay since the tank mounts to it and I dont have the ability to re-fab that mount. I got a tail today so I'm gonna cut it up tomorrow and see whats up with it. Its from an 06 636 so its pretty wide but the end of it narrows up kinda quickly so it might not work. I'll know more tomorrow. I might be able to show up for that, I'm starting a new job this monday and I might be working that weekend. I'll know more next week.

#23 ·
I've never been down it on the bike but 2 of my friends have wrecked out there. Another guy on Tamparacing.com wrecked out there and I know of a couple people that have been killed on that road. I took my Civic out there for some twistie action and there's alot of sand. I almost lost it on one corner cuz the front end pushed.

#25 ·
I have an idea to clean up the tail. If you get some thin flexible aluminum sheet (available at lowes or home depot) you could essentially bend it over the top of the back of the tail, and then once it was bet to fit, trim the bottom so that it meets up with the existing subframe where the tail of the stock subframe bolted on.

I'll try and bang-out a pic to explain...

#28 ·
Nice, I like the flames :LolLolLolLol:

I was thinking of something like that. I wanna build a box so I can put my PC3 in there. I was also thinking about making it have a flat back so I can use an LED strip taillight with a plate light in it and mount the plate under it.

Like this light from EuropeanStreetfighter.com

I was also thinking about using 2 of these lights, 1 on each side and running a turnsignal integrator so the brakelights would also act as turnsignals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.