Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

It's sad...but here's the new shop bike :D

56K views 373 replies 52 participants last post by  Fight Everything 
#1 ·
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S JOHNNY!!!

Mark took the pics, I'll take some more detailed stuff later when it gets here. Total cost? 50 dollars, 1x7.5 sheet of diamond plate steel, and a burrito. Mark loves burritos.

I'm going to get it running (carb kit and battery), I've got a headlight and taillight here somewhere, prolly order some ebay signals, then finish cleaning all the crap under the seat and make it look neater.

Shop fighter!!
:yamaha::moped_mazeguy::mom:

See less See more
#3 ·
Lol, mods will be fairly minimal on this. For right now mods are actually fixes so that I can get it on the road asap. But down the road it'll still be minimal, as this will be my shop vehicle and needs to stay somewhat "normal". Gonna be fun making the attachment to haul a trailer, and making the trailer itself.

Once it's up and running, I'm gonna spray bomb it bright green, and make signs to hang off the sides

#5 ·
My toolboxes, parts, supplies, etc. I'm currently running around town with a bicycle and a bicycle trailer I modded for cargo use. Even as bad as the trailer looks right now (I sealed the wood, but it didn't last and looks old as shit now), I get compliments for being green (like I care about that) and doing something different (I DO care about that lol).

A small coincidence for you guys. This is the exact make/model/color/size of bike of any kind that I first rode (excluding bicycles). My gramma used to have a red Riva when I was a kid, and I rode that thing all over the county picking up cans and making money. Not sure what years hers was though.

#9 ·
Later down the road I might see about swapping for one of the larger motors. For right now, the idea is to be able to get around at all, and it doesn't get any cheaper than running around on a moped.

#10 ·
Scooter with a trailer...? Holy fuck I have to see this!

#13 ·
I was just heading to the DMV tomorrow, and was gonna verify the steps for the title on yours. Now you wanna sell it? lol. I've already got this one coming, and it's already gonna be money I don't have to get it on the road. Right now I'm trying to get everything in line for getting around to more customers so that I'm not scrounging rides like I am this week. I'm calling everyone on my old customer list from last year trying to get business so I have cash to keep my ass out of jail next month...

Technically shouldn't be spending the cash, but Mark hooked me up with the best deal I'm ever gonna get, and it's for a good purpose

#27 ·
I hate fat chicks, but they aren't going away either so might as well have fun right?

Nemo....thats fuckin cool. Once I get this rat running, I may have to go see how hard I can push it on the old ass tires. The date codes read older than the tires on the Sabre were. I'll pump them up, and go run up and down NN until I slide it lol

#29 ·
Doing work....

Got the scoot halfway stripped, I need to grab my tape and label all the connectors next so I can finish taking it apart. I need to take it to the car wash and blast the shit out of it. 'tis a little difficult to work when you're pushing through tons of grime. Carb is apart and on my desk, I need to grab a can of carb cleaner when I'm out and a new plug. With any luck, it'll fire up after this. Also need to grab a bottle of 2stroke oil and a little more gas. Gonna flush the tanks out as well. I'm thinking it just might fire up today :D

#30 ·
So I've got the gauge pack here in hand....debating if I want to find a replacement, or have a custom replacement face made....

I got both tanks pulled off, and I'm trying to decide if I want to do custom tanks, or reuse the originals. If I keep both originals, then I can use the original senders. If I go with different tanks (and I have a couple in mind), then I have to make sure they are deep enough to retain the senders. I'm not so worried about the gas level sender, but I like the idiot for low oil. I can see through the stock oil tank for a visual reminder, but the replacement I have in mind is solid metal. If I go with replacement tanks I'd have to relocate the battery, but I'm ok with that. I might end up moving it for shits and giggles anyway. I said I want to retain the front and floor bodywory, but they're 2piece.....I think I just changed my mind, at least partly. I think I need to pick up some more diamond plate to make a new floor. I do still want to keep the front plastic.

Handlebars are some goofy looking shit..... Think bicycle but with a MUCH taller riser... stock actually might not look too bad once everything is cleaned up and the wires are bundled through some techflex... Just repaint the bars.

Backhalf of the scoot will look kinda nice once cleaned up and now that the rest of the junk plastic is out of the way.

Anyway, should know in a couple hours if she'll run :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.