Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

'90 Slingshot 750 cafe fighter. (Wrist Rocket)

18K views 67 replies 27 participants last post by  randykyra 
#1 ·
What's up guys? Finally got a little money together and got some work done on my bike. Heres what she looked like with her clothes on: (needed to pass an inspection for V.I.N. verification)

Here's how she looks as of right now:

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/imagehosting/83214d23a92708946.jpg[/im[/url]
[url=http://www.customfighters.com/forums/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=16464][img]http://www.customfighters.com/forums/imagehosting/83214d23a934e4805.jpg

Here's a pic of the headlight brackets I made out of galvanized pipe clamps and rubber strips

I still have some work to do on those brackets as well as mounting blinkers, cleaning up the tail, putting the carbs back on, painting etc. That's a Buell BLAST headlight BTW. Let me know what you think, I'll post more pics and info as I go.

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks guys, Yeah it's pretty loud. I opened up the can expecting there to be no packing left, but to my surprise it was still about 80%. It's a good loud though.
I forgot to list the mods:
Performance: Full Yoshimura exhaust, stage 3 dyno jet kit, K&N pods, '92 USD forks set-up and swingarm and WEIGHT REDUCTION!
Aesthetics: Bar-end mirrors, Carbon fiber triple tree cover and bar-ends, Clear fuel filters, translucent red fuel lines, Buell BLAST headlight, homemade headlight brackets

#9 ·
Thanks, I wired the blinkers today and made some better arms for the headlight brackets. It's too cold out to work long enough to get any real progress done.

#10 ·
Got some work done today.

I used the second pair of pipe clamps and rubber strips to secure the canister to the undertail

I also cut out a new gasket for the petcock and RTV'd the bolts and edges to seal em up.

I made a bracket for my plate too. Next I need to re-wire the taillight/blinkers set-up, but first I need to find a cool taillight *Searches E-BAY like a robot on crack*

#11 ·
Yeah Pingel!

I have one on my race bike. Had to order a new one after running race fuel through it after all these years. The rubbers dried out. Turns out I had a special order part (Hose Barbs facing straight down) so I had to just have them build one.

If your valve leaks in any way they have GSXR style Pingel vales in stock and they also have rebuild kits for your setup still available.

#12 ·
That's cool, how much do re-build kits run? Mine was only leaking from the tank/plate gasket but it's nice to know the parts are still out there.

#13 ·
Bike looks good. The sling shot is my fav!!!! I notice a lot of guys fron Ct around here. Maybe I will see you at Marcus Dairy one weekend!!:shocker:

#14 ·
Thanks dude, Marcus dairy is in Danbury right? I'm in Milford, let me know when the next ride is.

#15 ·
Yes, it's in Danbury. In summer time theer are a lot of bikes there every Sunday morning. On certain Sundays they have big rallies / meets with hundreds of bikes, all types / sizes / etc. I havnt been there since 96, but I always hear that it is the same.

#16 ·
That sounds cool man.

#18 ·
Do you have black hair stocky build, I think I fucking saw you and asked about your bike at a gas station last year! I remember that bike!

#20 ·
That's funny man. My bike will be done by spring as well, I know my girl want's to go up to ME too so I'll definitely give you a buzz. I bet there's some awesome riding up there huh?

#21 ·
Good riding but roads getting pretty rough all around. Have some good roads I like to ride. Havnt been riding too long but have some good riding spots I think. Small small world crazy how it works man. Hope to hear from ya will be posting some better pics of the bandit once I can get outta storage damn snow!

#22 ·
Awesome, yea POST MORE PICS! I hear you on the snow, I had to shovel just to open my garage door so I could work on my bike. Well, I'll hit you up next time I'm up there.

#24 ·
Well, I've been busy in GIMP for the past 3 days since I learned how to use it a little, so here are some concepts for the final product of my build:
My Favorite so far #1

Let me know which # is your favorite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.