Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

SRAD Fork upgrade to?!

9K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bigreenpants 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking to upgrade my SRAD 600 forks to USD forks from SRAD 750.

HOWEVER, was just wondering whether forks from a 94 Yamaha YZF750 bike will fit on my bike without any customisation with calipers/ yoke?!

Open to other suggestions too regarding which forks can be put on my SRAD?

Thanks guys- you're awesome!

Dash

#2 ·
The easiest would be the srad but u could use anything if u buy a whole front end thats what i done with my bandit bought a gsxr1100 full front end just press bandit stem into gsxr yokes

#4 ·
easiest and cheapest would be to get a srad 750 top and bottom yoke. both fork legs, and the clipons if you want to run them. you can use your stock wheel, brakes, hand controls, and the rest. you will need a safety torx to get your ignition off your stock upper triple. although you could get the complete front end from any gsxr up to at least 08 1000 and it will slide right in since they use the same head bearings.

#6 ·
The K series radial running gear will drop straight into the 600 SRAD, If you use the radial forks and calipers then you can retain your wheel and 320mm discs, although you will need longer caliper bolts and a 10mm spacer under the calipers if you use the gold early type or a 5mm spacer with the later black type. 1000K1 to K4 yokes will drop in, as will 750Y to K5 and 600K4/5. 1000K5/6 will drop in but have 2mm less offset than the earlier yokes. With all of these yokes you can use forks from the 1000K3 to K6 600/750K4 and K5, later forks are different diameters, so you would need the matching yokes.
You will need to adjust the wheel spindle and spacers to use your wheel, as the hub is slightly wider across the bearings than the K series wheel. You can also use the wheel from a 1000K1 to K4, 600 upto K5 750 upto K5, and SV1000, this will allow you to use your 320mm discs. The later K series wheel does not allow use of the earlier discs. The matching early K series wheel will fit your swingarm, and caliper hanger and allow you to retain your existing disc and caliper set up, but the K series arm will also fit into the SRAD frame.

Reactions: MDM
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.