Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Simpson Outlaw Helmet Revivale

43K views 91 replies 35 participants last post by  5400 
#1 ·
Was having a look at my trusty old Simpson today. This is my favorite Helmet. It was also my first helmet. It's saved my skull more times then I care to remember. I had retired it last year after picking up a pair of AGV's. My Simpson had a good run over the past 7 years, but I miss it. Yeah, it's noisy and windy, but damit it's comfy and it looks killer. So I figured it's time to breath some new life into it.

I started by tearing off all the weather stripping. Over the years the glue had come loose, half the rubber had torn off and I had made a couple quick fixes. All of this will be replaced.

Here's the pile once I finished removing it all. Tools used were a ravor blade, patience and a lot of muscle.

I also removed the front upolstery and air vent screens. On this model the cheek and mouth piece padding are one piece of faberic. The one complaint I've had with this lid is that it was a little loose around my cheeks. I'm going to add some extra padding behind the cheek pads when it goes back together. (crapy pic, sorry)

Here's the inside were the faberic and screens reside. A lot of left over glue that needs to be removed.

All the weather stripping removed. It's deffinatly seen better days, but I have an idea to make it new and better then ever.

I gota go out and get some new rubber, spray glue and some foam. Gona sand it all back down and repaint it and add a little somin somin to make it look a little different :D Stay tuned.

See less See more
#90 ·
So it only took me 6 fucking years. If anybody still cares, I finally finished it. It went through some more changes before it eventually got color on it. The peak and arrow head got shaved off. I decided to go with a tear dropped defuser on the top roughly the same height as the ripples. A lot more subtle and just came out killer.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

#91 ·
I also beefed up the check pads and tore the interior out and cleaned and relined some areas. Fits better then ever. All new rubber trim and reassembled everything. It's ready to ride now. Needs a new visor and I'm gonna see about some stainless hardware. Still thinking about either some pin stripping or maybe I'll hit up my vinyl guy about some stickers. It's never finished.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.