Air Compressor Water Filter? - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Streetfighter Tools Discussion about the tools you use to build and modify your streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Air Compressor Water Filter?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp
SabreV45's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:48 PM
Flip Offs: 240
Flipped Off 84 Times in 31 Posts
SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!
Default Air Compressor Water Filter?

So I got my Craftsman 33gal compressor hooked up and running, and I noticed a little bit of water coming through the line. I do drain as much water as possible from the tank before and after I'm done using, but still get moisture in through the line. It's just enough to make my sandblaster clog up.

What type of filters do you guys use in your compressor setup to filter out the moisture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter
By the riders and for the riders, streetfighters we are and united we will stand.
"The Lone Sabre" Build - 84 Sabre (Sold)
"Bastard Child Hybrid" Build - XS / FZR
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
SabreV45 is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
LRC131
Chris
CF Addict
LRC131's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 51
Flipped Off 30 Times in 29 Posts
LRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Air Compressor Water Filter?

eastwood filter set looks like a fairly decent setup for the price
LRC131 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 50
Flipped Off 37 Times in 28 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Something we've had at the shop's I've worked at, was a dip and T in the air lines. At the bottom of the T would be a simple valve. Crack it open and let it blast out air and water, then use the tools. Those air/water separators are nice, but they're more efficient if you're more proactive about venting the water out first
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
leo_black_label
clean fight
CF Addict
leo_black_label's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 9 Times in 7 Posts
leo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to beholdleo_black_label is a splendid one to behold

yeah. a filter isn't really the thing i don't think. my work has the same thing- a T line dropping down with a check valve. we open the valve and dump the condensation before hooking up the tool. a separater is good, but i just ordered a new one for our backup system & it cost $350! it just looks like a big oil filter.
leo_black_label is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
greenmachines

Fighter
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
greenmachines is a name known to allgreenmachines is a name known to allgreenmachines is a name known to allgreenmachines is a name known to allgreenmachines is a name known to allgreenmachines is a name known to allgreenmachines is a name known to allgreenmachines is a name known to allgreenmachines is a name known to allgreenmachines is a name known to allgreenmachines is a name known to all

+1 on the t line setup. I also use an automatic drain valve at the compressor and in the summers I will hook up a desiccant dryer in line to the blasting cabinet. I use the cheap harbor freight one there and it works fine although it will cut down your cfm, but you will have some very dry air. Just keep some extra desiccant on hand for swaps. You can heat the used stuff in a oven to dry it out and then reuse it. Made a huge difference for me.

I bought my auto drain valve from tptools.com it runs about 90 but drains the tank at preset intervals. I justified the cost by looking at the longevity of the tank it's maintaining.

www.greenmachinecustoms.com
Powder coating~fabrication~welding

Dealer for these fine brands -
Vortex Racing - SuperSprox - Lockhart Phillips - DynaBead - Spiegler Performance Parts - Antigravity Batteries - Ape Racing
greenmachines is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived greenmachines!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2012, 02:12 AM   #6
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!

Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 156
Flipped Off 68 Times in 59 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Scavenger Hunt 

I've got the M-26 in this link. http://motorguard.com/air_2_6.html#specifications
It's meant for plasma cutters but works great for everything so far. Can't beat free!

2014 Build-off project: GSXR 600 Mutt (don't post in this one)
2014 Build-off discussion: GSXR 600 Mutt
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools