Need someone with a lathe and some basic skills.... - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Heavy Metal Anything to do with welding, bending and fabricating things from metal goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Need someone with a lathe and some basic skills....

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
mpls|cafe|racer
guido in a speedo

mpls|cafe|racer's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:55 AM
Flip Offs: 22
Flipped Off 106 Times in 81 Posts
mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Need someone with a lathe and some basic skills....

No lathe right now.

I need some bungs made.

I have a tap, and can get a tap drill for you to use. Can send them out as long as I can get them back.

I need 10 bungs, 3/4" BSP mild steel.

Major diameter is 1.041" on the threads....

Need the bungs made out of some 1.25" material, bored and threaded, then turned down on the outside to 1.140" and cut off at a length of 3/4" per bung.

I can send you solid barstock to use and all that.

I kinda need these pretty soon, so if this is something you can do, please contact me.
mpls|cafe|racer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
Wes4386
CF Addict
Wes4386's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 75 Times in 41 Posts
Wes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to all
Default Re: Need someone with a lathe and some basic skills....

I can do it if no one closer to you comes through.

Wes4386 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
mpls|cafe|racer
guido in a speedo

mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mpls|cafe|racer is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

That would rule if you could actually.

I can send the material and tooling needed.

If you can get a quote together for me that'd be great.

Thanks.
mpls|cafe|racer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
sonic reducer
Fighter
Local Time: 05:55 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
sonic reducer is a good noobiesonic reducer is a good noobie

do you not have a lathe at work?
sonic reducer is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:55 AM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

If he had access to it do you think he'd be asking?

Redefyned Racing
Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.

RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived endo!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
mpls|cafe|racer
guido in a speedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic reducer View Post
do you not have a lathe at work?
See line 1.

Our lathe at work is a CNC setup, and now that we're doing almost all of our parts in house instead of using a vendor, it's tied up.

No more gov work on the lathe now.

So nope, I do not have a lathe to use at work. Like endo said, if I did, I'd be using it. lol
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2012, 03:08 AM   #7
Titanium
Fighter
Titanium's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:55 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Titanium is making some friendsTitanium is making some friendsTitanium is making some friends

would like to help but i think the postage would be a bit high

My T59 project http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=50593

Go Big, Go Loud, Go Proud or Go Home

Better to just look an idiot than open your mouth and confirm it

If you never try, you'll never fail and then you'll never learn
Titanium is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2012, 03:46 AM   #8
mpls|cafe|racer
guido in a speedo

Can't you buy bsp paralell couplings/threaded sockets over on that side of the big dip?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #9
Wes4386
CF Addict
Wes4386's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 75 Times in 41 Posts
Wes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to allWes4386 is a name known to all

If +/-.005 and a machined finish works I'll do them. 50 bucks would work for me.

Wes4386 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #10
EBCB
NoObie
Noobie
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
EBCB is making some friendsEBCB is making some friendsEBCB is making some friends

PM sent
EBCB is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Heavy Metal