anyone know if gsxr1100 tail plastics bolt up easy to a B12 - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Streetfighter Help Needed! Need help with your 'fighter? Ask for help in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > anyone know if gsxr1100 tail plastics bolt up easy to a B12

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #11
cosmo1200
Cosmo Custom Bikes uk
Fighter In Training
cosmo1200's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:19 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 3 Times in 1 Post
cosmo1200 is making some friendscosmo1200 is making some friendscosmo1200 is making some friendscosmo1200 is making some friends
Default Re: anyone know if gsxr1100 tail plastics bolt up easy to a B12

Im with yantosh on this, I have a unitech seat here, r1 designed to fit standard bandit, good enough quality etc but its massive, like a boat... and you will need to make a seat base for it as standard seat dont fit..
cosmo1200 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #12
Mustapha dump
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 02:19 PM
Flipped Off 42 Times in 21 Posts
Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Mustapha dump is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

As Yan has said they are a compromise, I seem to think that Unatec offer a GSXR1000K1/2 seat unit that fits a Bandit subframe, but they are faaackin' ginormous, and can end up looking like a ghetto girls arse perched on the back.
If you are going to swap tailpieces then I suggest going the whole hog and buying the complete back end including subframe etc from the bike you wish to use. I've just acquired a complete 07' R1 rear to be fitted onto a mates GSXR750 slabby which I'm building for him at the moment, the whole subframe will be tweaked to make it fit onto the Slabby frame cradle, this is the easiest method of completing the swap, having looked at manufacturing a complete 'one off' subframe and other options.

Some people are deserving candidates for postnatal abortion, the majority of the remainder are just idiots
Mustapha dump is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #13
adam1983
150lbs sexy 30lbs squishy
Senior Fighterer
adam1983's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:19 PM
Flip Offs: 15
Flipped Off 7 Times in 6 Posts
adam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustapha dump View Post
As Yan has said they are a compromise, I seem to think that Unatec offer a GSXR1000K1/2 seat unit that fits a Bandit subframe, but they are faaackin' ginormous, and can end up looking like a ghetto girls arse perched on the back.
If you are going to swap tailpieces then I suggest going the whole hog and buying the complete back end including subframe etc from the bike you wish to use. I've just acquired a complete 07' R1 rear to be fitted onto a mates GSXR750 slabby which I'm building for him at the moment, the whole subframe will be tweaked to make it fit onto the Slabby frame cradle, this is the easiest method of completing the swap, having looked at manufacturing a complete 'one off' subframe and other options.
thats all well and good but i dont have a garden or a garage and no welding skills
and on top of that the bandit is my main form of transport so stripping it and sending it off isnt an option hence im going down this route

B12 build
"Dare to be great, Dare to be powerful beyond measure"

adam1983 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #14
MentallyTwisted
No frills. No skills.
Noobie
MentallyTwisted's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
MentallyTwisted is a NOOB

I recently ordered one of those Unatec seat units. It's a GSXR1000 unit that fits the 600 SRAD by removing the rear part of the subframe and cutting down the undertray. I haven't delivery of it yet, but when it does and I've fitted it I'll post some pics (with measurements).

Supposed to be top quality but I have a feeling, as Cosmo said, that it will be bigger than Mekons forehead. I guess we will see, and if it's too hideous I will venture down a different route. Hehe. \m/(><)\m/
MentallyTwisted is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #15
adam1983
150lbs sexy 30lbs squishy
Senior Fighterer
adam1983's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 15
Flipped Off 7 Times in 6 Posts
adam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to alladam1983 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentallyTwisted View Post
I recently ordered one of those Unatec seat units. It's a GSXR1000 unit that fits the 600 SRAD by removing the rear part of the subframe and cutting down the undertray. I haven't delivery of it yet, but when it does and I've fitted it I'll post some pics (with measurements).

Supposed to be top quality but I have a feeling, as Cosmo said, that it will be bigger than Mekons forehead. I guess we will see, and if it's too hideous I will venture down a different route. Hehe. \m/(><)\m/
you should have asked here 1st dude, fitting a k series tail unit to an srad is easy heres a how too
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.nix/Seat%20Swap.pdf

B12 build
"Dare to be great, Dare to be powerful beyond measure"

adam1983 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Help Needed!