Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

UF's rugrat MOE POWA!

7K views 59 replies 6 participants last post by  ultimate fighter 
#1 ·
I'm all about them powerplant swaps. That's my thing :fu:

I'd been looking for an excuse to swap my jeep for a while. Last time out to the trails i sucked up a bunch of water and hydrolocked it.

Soooo, i have a 2000 5.3l from a silverado headed into the bay instead of the 4.slow
Going to be using a np435 reeeally low geared 4 speed and it's matching np205 transfercase.

Purchased the 5.3 with 170k from a plow truck with intake, maifolds, rails, harness and ecm for $400! drivers headgasket had blown and there was a lot of oil slopping around from the cooler bypass fittings.

I already had the tranny and tcase $0

Spent $45 on some metal and DOM bushes to build the motor mounts

been kinda lazy/distracted from bikes lately. This project will be a huge fire under my ass to finish a project because i cannot be without my jeep for very long.

wish me luck!

See less See more
#3 ·
So i'm adapting a 99 chevy motor to a 1977 ford transmission by use of a 1957 corvette bellhousing.

Here i had to drill a hole where there wasn't one.

drilled the holes for the metric bolts

SUCCESS!!

seperated the transfer case, most likely the first time ever.

#4 ·
nextly had to bore the bellhousing for a .005" slip fit for the ford bearing retainer.

This allowed me to level up the bellhousing. I have to file the holes from the transmission out a hair because they are slightly off on the GM 4 speed bolt locations
Spent about 20 min a side with a bastard file and took just enough out to make a nice tight fit.

Next up was the undrilled hole in the lower driver side thats about the existing.

drilled to fit

3 bolts down one to go. This one will take some bracket fab. I'm going to use the two ford unused bolt holes and 1/2" plate to adapt to the chevy tapped hole on the bellhousing.

#6 ·

Its tight. Stock manifolds probably wont fit
Cut the floor to pull the drivetrain up, maybe i can get a flat belly

Mounts are going to land well gotta start building the frame mounts

#7 ·
alright i was on vacation for a bit and with holidays i only got about an hour

i was able to push the engine and trans back about 4 inches. However some metal...just fell off.

That's all i got for now.

#8 ·
got another hour to tinker away in the shop. Cracked out one side and tacked it in.

achieved a flat belly and got me another 3.75 inches of breakover clearance. I'll eventually build a full belly skid

#9 ·
started on a transmission crossmember

I'm also plating my unibody to help stiffen up and make better tie ins for the eventual cage

got a turbo from a buddy for a sweet deal. Going to throw 10psi at it and try to hit 475 conservative horsepower. Getting boost at above 3500rpm so i can keep it tame at low speeds on the trail. turbo won't happen this year because it'll need to upgrade my axles and run 2 fuel pumps, drop $500 on high flow injectors and tune for e85

#12 ·
Got my radiator position and built the bar to protect it from underneath. Eventually it will be moved to the rear and an intercooler will take its place

Started on the keeper for the bottom of the rad

#13 ·
Bottom bracket dimpled expanding to the core support and shroud mounts tomorrow. Honestly not 100% sure how its going to come together but i have a plan-ish

#23 ·
Waiting on parts

My running tally right now is:
Engine:400
intake:200
bellhousing:20
metal:140
radiator:130
hood pins:50
alternator and starter:50
sold trans and t case:-125
vbands:40
electric fan:80
headgaskets:60
headbolts:30
stainless steel intake bolts:20
---------------------------------
$935 current total.

Not bad. Thought it was more

#26 ·
Dropped another 297$
Nabbed a pick a part starter alternator
Got a billet alternator and power steering relocation kit
2.5 mandrel bends
2.5 exhaust flex isolator
3" vband for my 2.5-3 merge
New cylinder for my engine hoist that exploded last week

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.