B3M4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > B3M4

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
BurtonF166
Macaque
CF Lover
BurtonF166's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:52 PM
Flip Offs: 16
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
BurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to all
Default B3M4

After my 900rr build hit a financial dead end, I was looking for a new project. I found a 1996 Zx9r

Here's are some pics from the day I picked it up:

A little treat came with the bike, full akra

Dirty dirty

BurtonF166 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived BurtonF166!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
BurtonF166
Macaque
CF Lover
BurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to all
Default Re: B3M4

The bike was stored outside and hadn't run in a while. Goal #1, get it running/idling

Once cleaned, the bike ran and idled. TIME FOR DISASSEMBLY!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-14-2011, 11:16 PM   #3
BurtonF166
Macaque
CF Lover

The filth continued

I began de-greasing everything for paint. Only got the swinger and wheels done today...
These people High Fived BurtonF166!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
thaOrleanyte
hardhead

thaOrleanyte's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:52 PM
Flip Offs: 659
Flipped Off 452 Times in 178 Posts
thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

subbed. DW!

thaOrleanyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
BurtonF166
Macaque
CF Lover

The tires on the wheels aren't in the best shape. They have at least 2 plugs each and the rear leaks, so I ordered some new rubber.

I know, not sportbike rubber, but sport touring. Z rated and at $165 shipped, I'm happy. Mr. UPS left them here this morning
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #6
BurtonF166
Macaque
CF Lover

Here are some pics of parts that I'll use (taken from 900rr sherman build thread)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
Top Flight
I Like Kittens
Senior Fighterer
Top Flight's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:52 PM
Flip Offs: 38
Flipped Off 92 Times in 16 Posts
Top Flight is a glorious beacon of lightTop Flight is a glorious beacon of lightTop Flight is a glorious beacon of lightTop Flight is a glorious beacon of lightTop Flight is a glorious beacon of lightTop Flight is a glorious beacon of lightTop Flight is a glorious beacon of lightTop Flight is a glorious beacon of lightTop Flight is a glorious beacon of lightTop Flight is a glorious beacon of lightTop Flight is a glorious beacon of light

Fook yes, another Kawi!

Yes I know... I can't spell.
Would you like some kibbles with that bit, or do you prefer some mix with that meow?
SevenFHO Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailz View Post
Fuck man, remember when sex was safe and motorcycles were dangerous?
Top Flight is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #8
BurtonF166
Macaque
CF Lover

Is there a trick to removing a chain master link? I need to split the chain, (not break it, I am re-using it. It's dirty but newish) to clean the engine case.

It seems like grinding off the rivet heads and then pushing the master out should do it? right?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #9
akapipe1
Fighter In Training
akapipe1's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:52 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 4 Times in 1 Post
akapipe1 is a glorious beacon of lightakapipe1 is a glorious beacon of lightakapipe1 is a glorious beacon of lightakapipe1 is a glorious beacon of lightakapipe1 is a glorious beacon of lightakapipe1 is a glorious beacon of lightakapipe1 is a glorious beacon of lightakapipe1 is a glorious beacon of lightakapipe1 is a glorious beacon of light

flat head or a chain break tool would do fine ....sweet find akro pipe is a good thing..
akapipe1 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #10
BurtonF166
Macaque
CF Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by akapipe1 View Post
flat head or a chain break tool would do fine ....sweet find akro pipe is a good thing..
Great! Thanks

Anyone have a preference for masters? Clip or rivet style?

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes