XR250R help needed - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > XR250R help needed

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-06-2011, 10:49 AM   #21
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Flip Offs: 37
Flipped Off 47 Times in 37 Posts
SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: XR250R help needed

Took me a while to get around to it, but I pulled the shock out of the bike yesterday, have it cleaned and torn down. Waiting for the new seal head to come in so I can rebuild it!! It didn't have much oil or nitrogen left in it at all, but the shaft looks pretty good as do the rest of the internals. I should probably take care of the linkage bushings and seals... but I'm not going to bother for now. Can't go too crazy or this thing will be in boxes before I know it!

I did get a small carb issue cleared up before I put it up to take the shock out, it's running GOOD.

2011 Buildoff bike continued: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=47081

05 VFR800 - daily driver
81 CB900F Supersport - http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=47081
96 VFR750
83 VF750F - http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=18850
95 XR250R
96 XR400R
00 XR70R
03 CRF150F

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
Fookin luv them Hondassssssssssss.
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #22
up2L8
Ridin' Dirty
up2L8's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:08 AM
Flip Offs: 298
Flipped Off 90 Times in 54 Posts
up2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
Took me a while to get around to it, but I pulled the shock out of the bike yesterday, have it cleaned and torn down. Waiting for the new seal head to come in so I can rebuild it!! It didn't have much oil or nitrogen left in it at all, but the shaft looks pretty good as do the rest of the internals. I should probably take care of the linkage bushings and seals... but I'm not going to bother for now. Can't go too crazy or this thing will be in boxes before I know it!

I did get a small carb issue cleared up before I put it up to take the shock out, it's running GOOD.
You can def be fine with a clean and regrease of the linkage if there's no damage and it moves freely.

When you said leave the bushing you freaked me out for a second, there's no bushings in the linkage, but the teflon coated copper bushings in your shock should DEF be replaced.

I'm actually interested in an xr250/400 shock if you or anyone else comes across one.

ZX6R Streetfighter, sold to brother, on hold while away with military

KXF300exc Dirtfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift1313 View Post
Everyone knows dirt riders make the best street riders. If you aint slidin, you aint ridin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michjohnny View Post
ground up build. there will be alota blood sweat and beers in this one .
up2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #23
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Flip Offs: 37
Flipped Off 47 Times in 37 Posts
SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by up2L8 View Post
I'm actually interested in an xr250/400 shock if you or anyone else comes across one.
Sorry, I'm not usually selfish, but if I find a good 250 shock that shit is MINE! Seems pretty hard to find a good used shock, sorry bud!

In other news, I go mine all finished up & back in the bike, ripped around the yard a little and it's a million times better than it was. Took a while to find a place with nitrogen available.

2011 Buildoff bike continued: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=47081

05 VFR800 - daily driver
81 CB900F Supersport - http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=47081
96 VFR750
83 VF750F - http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=18850
95 XR250R
96 XR400R
00 XR70R
03 CRF150F

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
Fookin luv them Hondassssssssssss.
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis