Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Jackstand Johnny's 2000 SV650 "Carmen" Discussion Thread

32K views 189 replies 31 participants last post by  Mr-Show 
#1 ·
#3 ·
White trash to the max! Im gonna get a space heater out there for the Winter, and the work light puts out some heat too. Its gonna be cold, but I've never had a garage so I'm used to it. this is the closest thing to a garage I've ever had.

#12 ·
deron rode a completely stock st1100 (kinda like a goldwing) to FF11,
yeah and that motherfucker wore a white fuckin helmet and made me think the po po was comin to get me for not signaling a lane change with a hand signal cuz i got not turn signals. in actuality he was just taking sweet vid of everyone ridin into the fairgrounds

Reactions: Jackstand Johnny
#14 ·
coming along good thus far. def gonna clean it up nice it seems.

but why the hell are half your pics not showing up from photobucket?!

#15 ·
Sorry about that boss. I have my main Photobucket album and then many other folders, one being just for my SV650. What happens is Ill get excited and post the pics straight from my P-Bucket account without first moving them to the SV650 folder. When I come to my senses and move the pics to the correct folder, it breaks the link.

I will try to stay on top of that.

#18 ·
I had a couple tones I liked, but I started to back out of the idea of Green. I think I'll be going with a black frame and Gunmetal Grey bodywork as opposed to a gunmetal Grey frame with Green bodywork.

As for the China bikesket, if I could fuck that frame I would.

#21 ·
Quick question JJ,
Your puttin that SEXXXY gixxxxy front end on her, so why the stock swinger? I figured you woulda run something differnt to match the front end realy.

I also found an Ebay seller that has some pretty good quality parts for pretty good prices, dude had custom shift and rear brake levers, keyless gas caps and all that. Hit me up if ya want the seller ID.
Can you get a clutch window for the SV?
Plans for the Exhaust?

Im anxious ya know mane, no patience mane

#22 ·
At one point in time I made plans for a VFR swingarm but I felt that was way to expensive for not much gain except for looks. It would have made my bike significantly heavier and it just wasn't worth it.

I already had a stock swingarm in much better shape than the one on my bike now so it saves money in my budget for other things. One of them being a GSXR rear wheel. With my stock swinger and the GSXR rear wheel not only will I gain the benefit of a 20mm wider rear tire over stock, but it will also be much lighter.

Id love to get that seller ID from you. I can get a windowed clutch cover and though its not out of the question right now, I don't really see that happening this year. I am working on a new design for my exhaust with a factory one I was given with the swinger that will still allow me to keep the mufflers current location.

What my build boils down to is this: There is virtually nothing on this bike that's getting re-done just because. It is being replaced or changed because it's current state is sub standard. I am doing this build because I owe that to my bike.

#23 ·
#26 ·
I would have liked to swap a new tail on it, but my girl rides with me a lot and I didn't wanna take any chances with bearing any extra load on a new or modified subframe while being rushed with the rest of the build. Also, I don't have the money in my budget for it. The current tail plastics WILL get painted though, and I plan on shaving a little weight off the subframe where it won't affect the integrity of it.

#27 ·
Exactly right, Im gonna try to keep it all level and symmetrical, but there's a couple things on the headlight that won't let me get away with that the whole way through. As for the paint, that's exactly what I'm going for, nothing over the top or any wild colors. I want something very classy and timeless, yet still dark and aggressive. Like a sultry older Woman in a martini bar with dark features and fierce sexual appetite.

#35 ·
or you can drive to Richmond one day and ill change ur tires gratis
Actually dude, I may take you up on that. I always pass by the Honda House on my way to Guitar Center and Sam Ash so I know where you're at. Maybe this week? I could always find shit to do in Richmond.

#34 ·
epoxy isn't going to fix that broken tail tab. plastic welding will. :twocents:

Reactions: Jackstand Johnny
#36 ·
Did you just give me your 1 and 1/2 cents? Lol

Anyways I ordered some weld on 3245 ABS shit that some guys here used on fenders and stuff and it basically melts to to pieces back together. Im gonna use that stuff for the tail AND my headlight bezel.

#38 ·
Thanks Rando! By the way everybody rep this fuckin' guy he took the time while at work, to take off my front tire, re-mount it on my new rim, balance it and put air in the tire free of charge out of the goodness of his heart. I owe you one buddy, just let me know what you need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.