Newbie's '84 V65 Sabre - Page 10 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Newbie's '84 V65 Sabre

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-25-2016, 11:00 PM   #91
sugarkryptonite
Fighter
sugarkryptonite's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:08 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
sugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Newbie's '84 V65 Sabre

Well still not much new...trying to do decide what seat I want to buy and where I want to go with the project. What do you guys think? I'm steering towards a shorter cafe racer seat, but I'd still love to keep the option to have a passenger on the back at some point...

Suffice it to say a lot more progress is going to be made very soon. Should have my extensions back from the machine shop soon.

Got this today for x-mas.

sugarkryptonite is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived sugarkryptonite!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-26-2016, 08:23 PM   #92
sugarkryptonite
Fighter
sugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to beholdsugarkryptonite is a splendid one to behold

Took the rear end of the bike apart today. Little shot of my dad's project as well.

sugarkryptonite is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-02-2017, 12:31 AM   #93
sugarkryptonite
Fighter

Wellll...I decided to pull the engine out in order to clean everything and paint better.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-02-2017, 11:30 PM   #94
sugarkryptonite
Fighter

Some more progress prepping today...took the exhaust off, got rid of most of the corrosion on the engine clutch cover, etc.

Anyone have any recommendations on engine paint that looks good for a long time?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-03-2017, 05:37 PM   #95
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

I've had good luck with any VHT engine paint, and for wrinkle finish I use stuff from harley davidson. The harley wrinkle is pretty expensive for spray paint but it works good. Forgot what it costs though...

Thing with engine paint is curing it. It will stay soft and chip off easy until the motor is run for a while. I want to say vht says to cure it at 200 deg. so if you have access to a large enough oven then cool, or just be real careful unless the motor has run for a while...

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

2017 build off party, bullshit and general discussion thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived F'dup!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-03-2017, 07:40 PM   #96
sugarkryptonite
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by F'dup View Post
I've had good luck with any VHT engine paint, and for wrinkle finish I use stuff from harley davidson. The harley wrinkle is pretty expensive for spray paint but it works good. Forgot what it costs though...

Thing with engine paint is curing it. It will stay soft and chip off easy until the motor is run for a while. I want to say vht says to cure it at 200 deg. so if you have access to a large enough oven then cool, or just be real careful unless the motor has run for a while...
Thanks yeah I've heard about running it to "cure" the paint. I hope it'll hold up long enough before I'm able to start the engine again.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-06-2017, 01:17 PM   #97
sugarkryptonite
Fighter

Well finally got the engine painted...hoping to put it in my powder coating oven soon. Looks pretty good so far.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-06-2017, 06:30 PM   #98
sugarkryptonite
Fighter

Some pics of the homemade oven my dad built that I'll hopefully be using next week when it warms up.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2017, 03:52 PM   #99
sugarkryptonite
Fighter

Finally got the extenders back from the machine shop today. Already rebuilt one of the forks with new seal and dust boot. Hopefully will make the shock extenders soon to finish these up.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2017, 06:28 PM   #100
Gazmo65
Fighter In Training
Gazmo65's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:08 AM
Gazmo65 is making some friendsGazmo65 is making some friendsGazmo65 is making some friendsGazmo65 is making some friendsGazmo65 is making some friends

Nice job on the engine
Gazmo65 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Gazmo65!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes