too rare to street fighterize? - Page 26 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > too rare to street fighterize?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-01-2017, 06:21 PM   #251
busa1300
GURU
Senior Fighterer
busa1300's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:04 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: too rare to street fighterize?

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder....

This forum is for guys who like to build, cut, shape, weld, adapt parts and ideas into their own dream. I try to remember that when I'm on here, as there are some great bikes and people creating purposeful art. And I have a hundred different bikes in my head I would love to build in my own way.

I've also been to the Barber Museum, and was blown away with all the perfect unrestored original bikes on display.....No different than art hanging on a wall or a sculpture.

But they were only there to be seen, never ridden....for old guys like me to remember what they were like when I could see them new in the showrooms. And that is where they should always stay, as a reminder of where we were during that time period.

100% original will always bring in more money when selling as well with a wider audience to buy ( I can't believe what clean bone stock first gen GSXR's are really selling at now)....
But to keep as a bike to ride....Yes....they can be improved on in unlimited ways. And the one I have will be improved on in a limited manner (Dymags, pipe, carb work, slight suspension upgrades and so on....) But easily reversed to bone stock if I ever am at a point in life where I can no longer enjoy it.
If you have the ability to have more than one bike, that gives you the option to have a bikes in multiple guises. Luckily I have placed myself in that category through hard work and time.

Something I said here years ago...Styles come and go, but original never goes out of style. Thats why I have bikes of all types, because there is nothing wrong with liking them all.

A bone stock 86 GSXR1100 may be lame in todays world with all the other options out there, but back in 86, it was the baddest thing to ever hit the streets....I remember talking to the dealer about a trade on my 84 FJ1100 for one (but the FJ got totaled out 3 weeks later)

I said this years ago, but I'll say this again as well...
Choppers, Streetfighters, Cafe racers, Flat trackers, Stretched imitation dragbikes with 240 rear tires, Retro racers, Rat bikes to full on race bikes.....they are all styles, opinions and ideas...
But these ideas change through the years...just like all the pink and purple graphics that were used on bikes and jet ski's through out the 90's
What was cool, doesn't always stay cool....
The other concern I see a number of times on here, as well as when I look on Craigslist and so on..... Good bikes chopped up and parted out, all to make something up to date style wise. Then the project becomes still born, with frames and other parts destroyed beyond any repair.

Starting out with a bare left for dead frame is natural....it was already trash to most. Thats my preferred route anyway.... But I haven't had money to throw away on something good to cut up first though....

Yes,.... making your bike your own way, with your own ideas, and your own money is what this is all about.... Yet, sometimes imagination never makes it to reality. And that bike in pieces, becomes even more rare as the end result....

___________MY TWO STROKE ADDICTION_____________

RGV VJ21 L___________________GT 750 J_____________
RGV VJ22 FL__________ GT 750 long term cafe project___
RGV VJ22 N ________________RS 250 Cup Bike_________
RGV VJ23 T__________And one for the water...SX-R 800_
RZ 350________________The cherry popper...KD 80_____
busa1300 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #252
busa1300
GURU
Senior Fighterer
busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!busa1300 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

After about 4 months of trying to get pink VJ23 legal, I finally have paperwork that proves it....
Now I have some incentive to get back at it in a couple of weeks, as soon as my next box of parts shows up.

The good....they got the serial number and year right

The bad...they forgot the V in RGV, and wouldn't accept that I changed the speedometer reading to miles instead of kilometers.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-22-2017, 11:41 AM   #253
busa1300
GURU
Senior Fighterer

I had a moment of insanity, and made a bid on something that will only cause me headaches and more fucking work on a bike I thought was already 99% done.
The more I think about it, the more I hope I get outbid....

But....then again.....it will be bad ass as hell if I can get it to work

.......we will see in a few days

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These people High Fived busa1300!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2017, 07:20 PM   #254
busa1300
GURU
Senior Fighterer

Got a shorter tail for the 390 Duke....the stock one was way too ugly for me to be seen with it.
Made very well surprisingly, looks like factory actually....its from Evo-Tech out of the UK
Pulled off rear footpegs, and pass seat handles, also got a better seat too.

Still high bidder on Ebay.....
Hint....my new GS1000 header and rebuilt carbs will be useless if I win

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2017, 07:27 PM   #255
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,425
Flipped Off 873 Times in 397 Posts
ultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on here
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Mr turbo kit!!!!!!!!!????????

Remi Gavin michele RATdad
UF's cb750k
UF's 2015 hardtail build cb550
UF's kz650 "stella"
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ultimate fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2017, 07:42 PM   #256
busa1300
GURU
Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate fighter View Post
Mr turbo kit!!!!!!!!!????????

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2017, 07:51 PM   #257
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,425
Flipped Off 873 Times in 397 Posts
ultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on here
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Remi Gavin michele RATdad
UF's cb750k
UF's 2015 hardtail build cb550
UF's kz650 "stella"
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ultimate fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-26-2017, 08:20 PM   #258
busa1300
GURU
Senior Fighterer

got outbid in the last 20 seconds by over $200....
Oh well.....
Now I can buy the stainless valves for my CBX instead....

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2017, 09:37 AM   #259
busa1300
GURU
Senior Fighterer

The great news is my GS1000 is February bike of the month on the Oldskool site

http://oldskoolsuzuki.info/archives/1409

Other than that.....not a damn thing happening, other than fighting the worst cold I think I have ever had.....

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2017, 10:17 AM   #260
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Addict
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 10 Times in 8 Posts
XxGRYMMxX is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!XxGRYMMxX is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!XxGRYMMxX is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!XxGRYMMxX is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!XxGRYMMxX is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!XxGRYMMxX is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!XxGRYMMxX is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!XxGRYMMxX is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!XxGRYMMxX is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!XxGRYMMxX is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!XxGRYMMxX is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

damn, hell of a change from the rusty cruster in the beginning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
They can ban, outlaw, and restrict whatever they please. I'll keep doing whatever the fuck I'm doing, because I don't really give a shit. The only thing that will change is that I'll be breaking their made up bullshit rules while doing it, and I'm comfortable with that.

My Build http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=118649
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived XxGRYMMxX!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes