Newbie's '84 V65 Sabre - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Newbie's '84 V65 Sabre

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2016, 09:46 AM   #1
sugarkryptonite
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 01:53 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
sugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of light
Default Newbie's '84 V65 Sabre

Hey guys

New to the forum and to the bike world...just picked up my first project and my first bike. Hoping to get my license this June.

Some pics after I picked it up today:

Already tore the bike down...looking for the problem with the fuel pump not running (probably something to do with some ghetto wiring fixes). Took the carbs off as well, cleaning them up a bit and they're being sent off to be ultrasonically done. Should have them back this week.

Yesterday messed around taking the rear tail off. Going to make up a custom rear panel for the tail light, turn signals, and license plate. Maybe custom side covers as well.

sugarkryptonite is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived sugarkryptonite!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2016, 12:47 PM   #2
excellrec
Noobie
excellrec is a glorious beacon of lightexcellrec is a glorious beacon of lightexcellrec is a glorious beacon of lightexcellrec is a glorious beacon of lightexcellrec is a glorious beacon of lightexcellrec is a glorious beacon of lightexcellrec is a glorious beacon of lightexcellrec is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Newbie's '84 V65 Sabre

Looking forward to seeing what you do! I think these bikes would make an interesting platform, a lot of power for this era and I haven't seen anyone do anything cool with them yet, mostly just crummy looking bobber builds. I'd like to see what happens when you put a higher tail/subframe on one and a modern front end.
excellrec is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived excellrec!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore

rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:53 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 18 Times in 18 Posts
rex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on here

An excellent base for a muscle bike

Meet Amelia

Her younger sister

and poor financial decission buildoff 17' thread
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived rex_saugerty!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2016, 05:52 PM   #4
caferacerdan
GURU
CF Lover
caferacerdan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:53 PM
caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

looking forward to seeing this progress

If brute force and ignorance doesn't work...then it must be broken

2015/16 Winter Buildoff Bike Build
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=116146

Discussion
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=116154
caferacerdan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived caferacerdan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2016, 09:08 PM   #5
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOME

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 594
Flipped Off 465 Times in 166 Posts
CK 187 must be robboCK 187 must be robboCK 187 must be robboCK 187 must be robboCK 187 must be robboCK 187 must be robboCK 187 must be robboCK 187 must be robboCK 187 must be robboCK 187 must be robboCK 187 must be robbo
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Aw man. Where's SabreV45? He'll be all over this

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, GET A BIGGER HAMMER
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived CK 187!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2016, 09:54 PM   #6
sugarkryptonite
Fighter In Training
sugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of lightsugarkryptonite is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys! Didn't know there would be so much interest in this. The V4MuscleBike forum is pretty dead so I'm just gonna post here. I'm starting at the riding school tomorrow night.
sugarkryptonite is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-01-2016, 10:27 PM   #7
imsolidstate
GURU
Senior Fighterer
Local Time: 11:53 AM
Flip Offs: 5
imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!imsolidstate is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I really want to do one of these.
imsolidstate is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2016, 01:37 AM   #8
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore

rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:53 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 18 Times in 18 Posts
rex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on hererex_saugerty spends too much time on here

Im tempted to pick vf1000, but i already have too many bakes for space i have

Meet Amelia

Her younger sister

and poor financial decission buildoff 17' thread
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2016, 04:04 AM   #9
CruxGNZ
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 12:53 PM
CruxGNZ is a splendid one to beholdCruxGNZ is a splendid one to beholdCruxGNZ is a splendid one to beholdCruxGNZ is a splendid one to beholdCruxGNZ is a splendid one to beholdCruxGNZ is a splendid one to beholdCruxGNZ is a splendid one to beholdCruxGNZ is a splendid one to beholdCruxGNZ is a splendid one to beholdCruxGNZ is a splendid one to beholdCruxGNZ is a splendid one to behold

I used to have a V65 Sabre. Man did that thing have some torque! It dyno'd at 125hp & 127 ft.lbs. and this was pretty much a stock bike. I took all the crap off the airbox, so when you wack open the throttle, you really heard the valve overlap. It was almost as loud as the exhaust. Great engine to have some fun with. It will be interesting to see what you do with this.

If that was mine, I would put a wider rear wheel, new USD forks, and a hell of a diet!

Good luck man.

-Mat-
'98 Honda Superhawk
CruxGNZ is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived CruxGNZ!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-02-2016, 04:28 AM   #10
kebinkun
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 06:53 PM
kebinkun is a NOOB

Subscribed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kebinkun is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived kebinkun!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes