Laws on dash lights UK!! - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Beginner Streetfighter Questions This is the place to ask all beginner questions with no fear of being flamed. This section will be HEAVILY MODERATED! Any fighter related question is allowed, no matter how simple!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Laws on dash lights UK!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-21-2016, 11:03 PM   #1
Cyberboy109
Noobie
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cyberboy109 is making some friendsCyberboy109 is making some friendsCyberboy109 is making some friendsCyberboy109 is making some friends
Default Laws on dash lights UK!!

I want to remove all my dash lights on my motorcycle but Im hearing conflicting stories, some folk say I need to keep the full beam warning light others say I need to keep all them..
Iv looked at a mot test paper..and all it says really is if the rider can see his indicators from a riding position than no need for a warning light or tick tock
Cyberboy109 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2017, 04:04 AM   #2
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Flip Offs: 22
Flipped Off 21 Times in 13 Posts
a_morti is a wicked helpful, well liked member!a_morti is a wicked helpful, well liked member!a_morti is a wicked helpful, well liked member!a_morti is a wicked helpful, well liked member!a_morti is a wicked helpful, well liked member!a_morti is a wicked helpful, well liked member!a_morti is a wicked helpful, well liked member!a_morti is a wicked helpful, well liked member!a_morti is a wicked helpful, well liked member!a_morti is a wicked helpful, well liked member!a_morti is a wicked helpful, well liked member!
Default Re: Laws on dash lights UK!!

I'm pretty sure you need a blue light for high beam as a minimum. If you can see the indicator clearly from the riders seat you don't need a light for that. Might be worth putting a buzzer in the flasher circuit if you're taking the light out, everyone forgets occasionally.

Remove the oil light at your own risk...

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-05-2017, 06:01 PM   #3
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:09 AM
Flip Offs: 597
Flipped Off 1,312 Times in 704 Posts
ROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robbo
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

How many laws do we need ? Next thing ya know its gonna be tha colour of yer nickahs on any given day . LOL chuck all then usless lawmakers in tha fookin ocean !

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-06-2017, 12:00 PM   #4
370steve
GURU

CF Addict
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 33 Times in 6 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberboy109 View Post
Iv looked at a mot test paper..and all it says really is if the rider can see his indicators from a riding position than no need for a warning light or tick tock
Dont confuse MOT REGs with "construction and Use" LAWS
you dont need working indicators for MOT, but C&U law says that you do if built after a certain date.
same goes for High beam warning light. and lots of other things
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-11-2017, 04:27 PM   #5
Bayou Brit
Fighter
Bayou Brit's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:09 PM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Bayou Brit is a splendid one to beholdBayou Brit is a splendid one to beholdBayou Brit is a splendid one to beholdBayou Brit is a splendid one to beholdBayou Brit is a splendid one to beholdBayou Brit is a splendid one to beholdBayou Brit is a splendid one to beholdBayou Brit is a splendid one to beholdBayou Brit is a splendid one to beholdBayou Brit is a splendid one to beholdBayou Brit is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBO View Post
How many laws do we need ? Next thing ya know its gonna be tha colour of yer nickahs on any given day . LOL chuck all then usless lawmakers in tha fookin ocean !
this made me laugh, i just had visions of appearing in traffic court because i wore blue on a green day... 3 points and 100 quid please .. probably should not post this on the net...they might get ideas!

Although here in New Orleans the traffic rules are lax at best, i am almost 100% sure that to get a car licence here you need to be able to text / check messages / facebook while you drive....
Bayou Brit is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-24-2017, 02:01 PM   #6
Sjc
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 11:09 PM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sjc is a NOOB

Some of it depends on age of the bike as well.
One of my friends has recently got an mot on a 1980s cb750 that has nothing apart from a speedo.
Sjc is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions