Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

2012 CBR250R "DaFuq?!" (TocTuning)

115K views 323 replies 82 participants last post by  RatFighter 
#1 ·
So my brother got a 2012 CBR250R brand new off the dealer floor, well, kinda, it shipped in a crate to the dealer and he took delivery of it. Who would have ever thought this thing would survive less than a year before the plans hatch to strip the lady of her elegant clothes and really turn it into something special...

Minty fresh. With some tasteful mods including a custom seat and Rothmans gold accents. :)

It got ridden for a season, enjoyed, track day's you name it, it did it. Then at Mid West Fighter Fest this past week, all the idea's and talk turned into reality. :D

Gotta have the upright bars!

Well, the plastics are scratched. Time to cut it to bits!! :party-smiley:

2012 CBR250R: Almost $5,000.00

Trip to MWFF12: $400.00

High siding your brand new bike on grass: $350.00

Saying "fuck repairing that shit", and turning it into a StreetFighter: Priceless. ;)

I'm documenting another one of Toc's wild builds. Stay tuned. This one is going to be fucking mind blowing. I assure you that! "Just a little 250" will be words you will never utter again after this one is done. You will say, "You know what I've seen done with a 250?!". :D
:CK187:

See less See more
#141 ·
I managed to lose the camera but I did make a new coil mount, mock up of the new gas tank and some wiring is sorted now so I should be able to re-wrap the front half of the harness.
Once taxes come back I can bring the tank mock to moto-perf to make it because I cant weld aluminum.

Excluding paint and tank cover it should be rideable on or before the end of june so I can ride out to Colorado for the Pikes Peak hillclimb. Time is short and with a new car project at hand things are really divided right now. I'll get pics when possible.

#143 ·
Just electrical tape done with care to overlap it consistently and maybe some nice looking sheathing over that in the visible areas. Nothing too fancy and I don't have much room either, it gets tight between the frame, head and tank area.

Have any better ways to do it?

#145 ·
Sorry if I sounded like a condescending dick about it, totally not how I meant it.

I just figured shrink wrap was out of the question due to not being able to get it over the plastic connections and anything big enough wouldn't shrink down to the size of the wires.

#153 ·
I'd like to thank you all for the info I didn't even think of shrinkable tape but it makes sense.
Thanks Ben for pointing out the fact that most wires arnt being shortened so shrink tube cant be put on then reconnected.

Most of the modification to the wiring is going to be in the rear and a divider of some sort is going to have to be made to keep the chain's crud off components like the reg/rec, ecu, main battery lead and such.

Also I found the camera in my carr hardts that I was wearing last week so mystery solved.

I realized that I never showed the exhaust all welded up. Still minus the mufflers mount but it sits as it will in the end anyway.

And the tank. Yes there will be a tank cover over this. Details of it will follow when its made but it looks to be almost 2 gallons.

The tail is mounted with flush mount dzus clips.

The harness in the bike before cutting it up.

The front of the harness where I said I couldn't fit shrink wrap around the connectors to cover the main section.

Basic routing of the front of the harness but I'm still not sure weather the gauges will be in the tank cover or mounted to the top triple area.

All the shit in the back that will be shortened and placed right above the swinger to somewhat hide it all.

And the coil mount I made out of 1/8 aluminum plate. New hardware to come soon.

Thats all I've got now but I'm getting close to being able to afford the tank so here hopin'.

#156 ·
I really like this! Along with the 'Minor Fighter' bikes it gives loads of ideas for smaller capacity bikes. I'm going to be looking at a fuel-efficient but fun commuter bike when I've finished my current projects...
Thinking that the clocks mounted in the tank cover would keep the bar area free of clutter?

#157 ·
Yiu can still usee shrink wrap, all the wires come out of those plugs with a safety pin. Slidde the shrink tube over the wires and terminals, then slide and lock the terminals back into to connectors. Takes about a minute to depin. a 15pin connection once you do it a couple times.

#162 ·
Looks real nice with that smaller tank cover and dirt track tail on there and the undertail exhaust is a nice touch too. It's been a while since I've taken a look at this bike and it looks like progress is being made :D

#171 ·
In an attempt to steer this thread back in the direction it was going in to begin with, I've got a neat little story. As DaFuq? managed to progress into a shorty tail tracker my brother happened across a bike company that was out of Italy, soon after he showed me Zaeta motorcycles bike exif picked up a story on them, and sooner than later most people in the industry were aware of the existence of a factory flat tracker built by a rider, for riders. Pretty cool, huh?

Great minds!

My brother TocTuning has since had a picture of that Zaeta on the wall of his room, been watching as development continued on it and has been impressed by the sheer similarity of his build and Mr. Belli's, "Zaeta". :)

Fast forward to Pikes Peak International Hill Climb Competition 2013...

Toc is walking through the pit section checking out the bikes and runs into none other than Marco Belli himself! The two of them exchanged introductions and proceeded to stand around smoking cigarettes in a non smoking area, cursing, and discussing the finer points of building motorcycles from a pure riders standpoint. :D

TocTuning is involved in some big stuff. Stay tuned. The "DaFuq?" build is gonna get pretty interesting really soon! Just waiting on the tank to be finished and it is back to business as usual building one of the finest flat tracker variant's you will ever see come from a small shop in the midwest!

#174 ·
the existence of a factory flat tracker built by a rider, for riders. Pretty cool, huh?

Is that a billet swingarm and frame? I'd love to hear how/why that is a better way to do it than just make it out of tube like it normally would be.

#172 ·
Amazing can't wait for this I've only been waiting for 1 year and 18 pages

#173 ·
1 year and 18 pages have spanned 3 residencies, 3 deaths of close family, 2 job changes, a fighter fest, a house purchase that split tools between two shops, an ice racing season, 5 crashes, and 6 months of planning and configuring parts to fit on a very limited amount of real estate. ;)

Can't rush greatness. But you can crash it shortly after finishing it. :D

#176 ·
I love the rear suspension on it. It looks so cool at that angle stuffed up under the seat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.