Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

What The Fuck Am I Looking At!!

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Jrod 
#1 ·
Holy sheep shit. What the fuck is that???

TZR frame with a custom 2-stroke 500cc engine.

Here's the info:

It is a German friend who comes every year to our gathering 2 T
It made this 500 over several years the evening after the job.
All house except the complete cylinders is made (250 YZ), limps it and the rods.
For the initiates there is only one casing pumps and the 2 cylinders explode at the same time.
500 DC each time .........
Ca makes a good hundred horses and that tractor draws hell with a couple of
7,5 mn
All that with a maximum mode of 9500 t/mn.
It is very highly reliable because it never yet broke anything.
The cycle part comes from the 250 Yamaha V2, models not imported in Europe.

Engine build info (can't get it to open):

http://www.zweitakte.de/modelle/Motoren/TZR 500/TZR 500b.htm

See less See more
#2 ·
I bet that thing is a torque monster.

#3 ·
Christ O mighty
water cooled
apposed twin two stroke
thumper
Ok Pete that guy has somthing new and simple .I like
what are the advantages and disadvantages to this setup other then the obvious size and part count.I love it when something new comes out.

thanks smoker bud

#8 ·
I think you would have to go back many designs. Orignial Harley/triumph/norton/indian beginings to find a production bike. It seems ive read of twins that did that. (not certain 2 stroke) One of those articles of an old generation or a bike restored from a barn and just a little snip it ref. to another model it was comapired to. 500cc and under bikes breaking the mold. There where a lot making attempts but never caught on. opposed twin, thumpers, and pararlell twins at the time. Most just breaking out of the bicycle generation. So what the 40' and 50's were the boom of the production bikes. Late 60's honda appeared. So maybe in the 40's or earlier for the first run designs.

Im not a museum I can be off decades. Just stuff that has caught my attention reading and on TV.

#9 ·
Man I wish I could read the motor page, I would love to hear this thing running. from the pics on the build page it looks like the cylinders are offset and use the same crankcase for fuel/air transfer. I wonder if the lower cylinder runs richer because of gravity? Pretty cool stuff, that guy has some skills

#10 ·
The cross Boxer technical details:

Production costs:

Measure of YZ 250 motor housing -approx. 20 hours
Evaluating the measurement data and start of construction -approx. 80 hours
Creation of CNC programs -approx. 20 hours
Production of the motor casing in the company -ca. 150 hours
Production of small arms & parts, Assembly,
- not predictable

Technical data:
Raw material of the housing: high-strength aluminum alloy in air and space technique. Gross 54 kg, final weight after processing 12, 5 kg.
Total weight of the motor with gear 39 kg
Total weight of the bike with full tank 153 kg
Approximate direction: between 90 and 110 HP at approximately 9500 RPM
Approximate torque approx. 100 nm (73.76 lbf/ft) at approx. 7000 revolutions per minute

wow.

#11 ·
Nice work eatabullet! Rep comin your way :thumbsup:
This is awesome:
"Production of small arms & parts, Assembly,
- not predictable"
I think it means shit tons of time that they would rather not mention! I wish I had the skills and equipment to accomplish something like this.

#15 ·
damn, I'm surprised he was able to get the crank up high enough to have decent ground clearance with a cylinder sticking straight down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.