Fathead_03's 900rr Build - "Insidious" Discussion

37K views 256 replies 70 participants last post by  ultimate fighter 
#1 ·
Talk shit here eh?

:shocker:

#7 ·
Re: Fatty's HighwayFighter discussion thread

should be good, im watching.

i have very simmilar needs in regards to the seating. I want to have the look the race tail gives, but also want to be able to take a passenger if needed.

What i am doing is having two complete sub frames. one is the complete factory tail, and the other is the frame i built for the k7 gsxr1000 that i have, I am going to run a a123 battery, so am making a box for all the electrics that is mounted on the main frame. The idea is that if i want to take a pillion, fit my bags or take it in for its road worthy, its only 4 bolts, a plug, and the number plate and the whole tail is swapped. then its just as easy to swap it back to the single tail. the tail units are bolted to the sub frame and there is no need to un bolt the glass tail just the frame its self.

I know its not quite what you are talking about but its one way of getting the best of both worlds.
And if you run the factory tail the passenger wont complain so much about bad seating.

#9 ·

Tha carbs was so fookin clean! thats a real good thing fer sure ,In fact it all looks in real good nick ..Tha dolly isa damm good idea ,now Im gonna do tha as well ha ha .:thumbsup:

#12 ·

Just letting everyone know, I'm still working towards a goal. I am working a deal out, which, will fund the entire build, plus allow me to live the rest of the slow-working-winter. Should be back DW'ing right after the new year. I put an offer in on a VFR swinger too, then I gotta decide on a wheel and make it a roller!

#14 ·

Hey bitch how about you hurry the fuck up?
Eat it bitch.

Got my swinger yesterday, ordering a bunch of stuff today! :party-smiley: :party-smiley: :party-smiley:

#16 ·

Got my steering stem bearings ordered, throttle tube ordered. Got a bit of planning done. No real big work to document yet though.

#18 ·

Saw tha arm probs mate ! Sucks that work is slow for ya there ,spring is onits slowarsed way hopefully shit will start rollin along better then . I know yer stufs always good so I will pop in evry so often fer an eyefull of awsome bikeness :D

#19 ·

Thanks Rob!

So today I got 20' of aluminum round tube for my subframe, got some aluminum sheet for my fuel cell, intercooler end caps, etc. They didn't have any DOM tubing, so it looks like I'll have to get that online.

Also found out the wheel I wanted, was discontinued and crushed all of them the 1st of the year... FML. So still looking for a wheel.

#25 ·

boooyyaaaahh. those triples are gonna be smooothe and sexy. I can't wait

Reactions: Fathead_03
#27 ·

Oh, and thanks to a special someone ^ I may have the wheel on the way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.