Weird sound! - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

General Streetfighter Discussion Discussions about streetfighter riding.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Weird sound!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2017, 10:40 AM   #11
VF500 Fighter
Fighterer
VF500 Fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:17 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
VF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to all

Thanks man, it still doesn't make any sense to me but we will see. I went on another ride same thing about 20min mostly at 55-65 and no noise! Oh well at least it's an easy fix.
VF500 Fighter is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2017, 11:38 AM   #12
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict
HickLife's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:17 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 9 Times in 8 Posts
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Weird sound!

Thats weird.... was it still the recommended weight oil? I thought about doing diesel oil too but haven't even ridden to do the swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fallen angel build- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=78474

96 vulcan 1500- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=123177

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it
HickLife is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2017, 01:30 PM   #13
VF500 Fighter
Fighterer
VF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to allVF500 Fighter is a name known to all

Recommended is 10w40 the oil I was using was 15w40. There are allot of guys running diesel oil in their bikes and even with this bike in particular so ya it's really odd. I'm going to test a longer rides this weekend to see how it does.
VF500 Fighter is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2017, 03:00 PM   #14
VF500 Fighter
Fighterer

Alright so I had a chance to go ride on lunch. Rode for about 45 min. 30 min in nothing so I'm thinking all is good... Wrong, it started again. What's weird is when it's happening in is clunky shifting, but once I get back into town it goes back to smooth shifting and no noises. Even though I'm still in 5th.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2017, 06:59 PM   #15
beezwiz
Fighter
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:17 PM
beezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to all

This worse than not knowing the name of someone you knew for years and you stay up all night trying to remember... I gotta find out more on Diesel Oil.
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2017, 08:39 PM   #16
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:17 PM
Flip Offs: 1,425
Flipped Off 873 Times in 397 Posts
ultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on here
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

my open header fixes those sounds right quick!

Remi Gavin michele RATdad
UF's 2017 build off cb550
UF's 2017 build off discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ultimate fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2017, 12:46 AM   #17
VF500 Fighter
Fighterer

Ya unfortunately this is a sound that I can't ignore. I'm going to drop the oil and check for shavings and then pull the clutch cover to see if anything is loose because honestly that's what it sounds like. I would have done it tonight but had to work on the interceptor. She now has new rubber chain and sprockets!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-20-2017, 10:35 PM   #18
VF500 Fighter
Fighterer

Okay I'm back with more information.... It's even more frustrating. I dropped the oil and totally clear no metal. Pulled the filter screen and perfectly clear! Pulled the clutch cover and it looks perfect. Oil doesn't smell burnt..... What the heck!?!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2017, 12:51 AM   #19
Mongoose
GURU
Fighterer
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
Mongoose is a splendid one to beholdMongoose is a splendid one to beholdMongoose is a splendid one to beholdMongoose is a splendid one to beholdMongoose is a splendid one to beholdMongoose is a splendid one to beholdMongoose is a splendid one to beholdMongoose is a splendid one to beholdMongoose is a splendid one to beholdMongoose is a splendid one to beholdMongoose is a splendid one to behold

could a faulty pump be aerating the oil at sustained higher rpm/freeway? the condenses in town.. quiets down a bearing/gears?
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-21-2017, 09:49 AM   #20
VF500 Fighter
Fighterer

Okay this is a suggestion i haven't heard. Anyone have any thoughts? Any way to test if the pump is bad? I didn't see anything when i had the cover off but i didn't think to really inspect the pump much. None of this should be happening on a 2017.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > General Streetfighter Discussion