Thorburt & the curse of the butterfly mind - Page 80 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Thorburt & the curse of the butterfly mind

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-13-2017, 07:05 AM   #791
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:13 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Thorburt & the curse of the butterfly mind

Having moved to the posh side of town, respectability seems to have rubbed off on me. instead of constantly having Thorburt in parts, that are scattered randomly around the garage, & filling the air with expletives as bits that where simple to remove utterly refuse to go back on, I find myself using the garage as a simple parking space......
Well parking space, storage & smoke shelter, but you get the point!
......with the only clue to my hooliganistic tendencies being that it's filled with bikes rather than a modest & unassuming practical family saloon.

The neighbours have even stopped frowning at me as I wheel the bike out &, destroying the pleasant sounds of tweeting birds & humming bees as I fire it up, is now treated with neighbourly waves....
Err... I think I get some cheerful 'Mornings' too, but they seem to get drowned out so I wouldn't swear to it. They could just be muttering to themselves or ruminating on something?

......as I go off to rack up some more miles. But other than pottering away to fix my mates Triumph I've done nothing & with Mrs Bob showing no interest in here bikes I got no motivation to work on her GSXR as it'll just sit there like her blade has for the last couple of years
In fact... Her blade ain't even been taken for an MOT,this year, as she says she doubts she'll use it this year!!! Which makes me even less inclined to work on her fighter.
Hmmm...my gut instinct is to build it for myself to use and claim it as a second bike but I can't be arsed to build what she wants for it to then not really be suitable for me to use!.. Bloody short arse dwarf girlfriends and there stupid desires to be able to touch the floor

Anyway... I digress

So, with no work going on. I'm loving just riding.
The indicator fix has held & other than wearing the paint off the tank nothing's needed fixing and I've spent my time as all respectable suburbanites do washing my car on a Sunday afternoon, even when it doesn't need it... Err CAR! I mean bike
But this week did see some tinkering

Right...so the complicated job of fixing my paint got snuck in, But as I really didn't wanna start the laborious task of respraying it again.
I cleverly......

.....just covered the big white patch with a pad

And although I the first to admit I not been doing much. The complicated tasks didn't quite end there.....

No... After regaling Chrissy with my exploited out on the road & her disbelieving the remarkable near miss with a dear story I realised I missed having my helmet cam!
But I killed that last year &, to be fair, it was a pain in the arse to use.....
In brief, the battery kept running out, it'd only store about an hours footage before needing clearing down & I never remembered to turn it on until after something exciting/stupid/down right silly happened. so, when I killed it in a perticularly heavy rain storm. The 'Oh, not as waterproof as they claim' incident became the end of me capturing thing out there

....but I thought I'd try again... And proceeded to find a cheep thing online.

It arrived as I was completing the complicated tank repair so, I got straight on it....

The tiny little LCD/control box dohickey actually looked better quality than expected...

... And was defiantly smaller than I thought...

...making it easy to find a place for it
Mind you... As I fitted it under the seat cowl where I already located my ' I'm far to lazy to remember to do chain maintenance' Scottoiler my luggage space* is now non existent

And just to protect it should water/crap get in there it was put in a little baggy

Then I temporarily mounted the cameras....
Yep cameras! Turned out it comes with two.
.....as I may move them to better positions yet.

Front was simply stuck to the light.

Err... Shitty photo?! It the little black smudgy thing under the bracket!

And the rear....

Oh?.... Think my iPads fucked....

Look there

And so far I pleased with it..
Footage seams good. Auto on and off when engine started and like a dash cam it just loop records overwriting the oldest footage so I can now forget about it till something interesting happens or I need to prove to Mrs Bob that 'honestly, it just stood there looking at me until, with my front wheel locking and a mere foot away it casually pranced of oblivious to the fact I'd just shat myself an had this is gunna hurt! This is gunna hurt! Fuck!! Going round in my head'

.... And ...hmmmm?!....I was gunna post some footage to illustrate even though it just boring work commute stuff. but it appears my crappy laptop is dying and currently.refuses too boot up...

Maybe later

*luggage space :lol: dunno... Either the Japanese have a very cleaver way of folding stuff to turn things very small, that they keep secret or, they just didn't wanna call it a 'couple of packs of fags or maybe a DVD' compartment!

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.

Sideshow bob is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Sideshow bob!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2017, 04:28 PM   #792
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

hmm??? well having fitted the cameras i was quite pleased with the placement

and the footage seemed good
well 'tis good on my computer fotophuckit however refused to accept the footage an my first test footage ended up loosing quality as i converted it to a frendlier format.....
.....hmm??and by the looks of it been shrunk to an embarisingly small size

errr.... well as i tell mrs bob
itwas raining... besides budgie smugglers always make things look smaller... honestly it was huge before

other than fotofuckshit refusing to upload.....
all apears to be working and my only real issue is that the sound only records to the front SD card so i only get sound on that camera
and.....

....well,
my BLUEPETER method of mounting......
ok so. it not quite a 'sticky backed plastic and double sided stickie tape' job
but that only coz numberplate tape was even essier

.....admitedly was only ment as a temporary measure untill i was happy with positioning.but it appears i heg some vibration/distortion hapening as speed picks up

especialy from the front camera

to be fair....it aint as bad on the rear camera......

..... but, as i happy with the placement.. I think i gunna have to hard mount them and see if i can cut it out

an if i can figure out fotoshitbucket & it stops bloody raining i may get some slightly less boring footage

Sideshow bob is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Sideshow bob!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2017, 06:07 AM   #793
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered 🔨

CF Pimp
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 150
Flipped Off 51 Times in 20 Posts
Cookie2000ad sits atop olympusCookie2000ad sits atop olympusCookie2000ad sits atop olympusCookie2000ad sits atop olympusCookie2000ad sits atop olympusCookie2000ad sits atop olympusCookie2000ad sits atop olympusCookie2000ad sits atop olympusCookie2000ad sits atop olympusCookie2000ad sits atop olympusCookie2000ad sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Youtube it. It's kinda their job, and they're good at it. You can set videos for unlisted / private etc if you want.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2017, 02:07 PM   #794
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

.......didn't even think of you tube.

off course, I ain't got a you tube account but don't suppose it'll hurt to sign up or whatever it is you do with it

This user High Fived Sideshow bob!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2017, 02:40 PM   #795
Mattson
Stressed Member
CF Pimp
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:13 PM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 29 Times in 17 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here

You got a google account? Gmail addy? It's nowadays the same thing.

If you pull my finger, you will hear a tuba
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2017, 04:22 PM   #796
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

sorted now thanks mattson....

...well account is. Ain't tried uploading yet

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-23-2017, 04:55 PM   #797
MDM
Procrastinator

Senior Fighterer
Local Time: 01:13 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
MDM has much to be proud ofMDM has much to be proud ofMDM has much to be proud ofMDM has much to be proud ofMDM has much to be proud ofMDM has much to be proud ofMDM has much to be proud ofMDM has much to be proud ofMDM has much to be proud ofMDM has much to be proud ofMDM has much to be proud of

Pall Mall?
I didn't know they still made Pall Feckin' Mall! Are they as throat-scorchingly violent as they used to be?...
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post Yesterday, 01:18 PM   #798
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM View Post
Pall Mall?
I didn't know they still made Pall Feckin' Mall! Are they as throat-scorchingly violent as they used to be?...

...I always thought they were reasonably mild.... But then I did start on marlboro & JPS lungbleaders and only switched because I'm a cheep skate who refused to pay £10 + dally to feed my addiction...
Well...it woulda been more 20+ if I was still on my 40-50 a day
....so I switched
yeah!!...I know it would be even cheaper to just give up but......meh, gotta die of something!!!
And being teetotal now, means I'm unlikel to die spectacularly in a pool of my own vomit

This user High Fived Sideshow bob!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post Yesterday, 01:43 PM   #799
yantosh

Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 19 Times in 17 Posts
yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

pictures of roadkill surfaced on the fighterblades fb page t'other day
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post Yesterday, 01:48 PM   #800
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:13 PM
Flip Offs: 189
Flipped Off 106 Times in 45 Posts
RatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow bob View Post

...I always thought they were reasonably mild.... But then I did start on marlboro & JPS lungbleaders and only switched because I'm a cheep skate who refused to pay £10 + dally to feed my addiction...
Well...it woulda been more 20+ if I was still on my 40-50 a day
....so I switched
yeah!!...I know it would be even cheaper to just give up but......meh, gotta die of something!!!
And being teetotal now, means I'm unlikel to die spectacularly in a pool of my own vomit

I've only found a few pictures of you (looking for the big tyre 'blade to show friends), and every one of them where you are pictured, you've got a smoke with ya.

Got busted stealing smokes as a kid (I started really early) and it happened to be a pack of PM's. Unfiltered fuckers too, old enough that my parents decided to show me how sick a whole pack at once makes me... didn't work though, made me want to smoke more. Been a knuckle head that wouldn't listen to anyone's advice for a long time.

You lot over across the pond have some idiotic policies going on with dangerous behavior. That pack of smokes looks stupid, like I don't know how destructive smoking is, when I cough and phlegm comes up out of my lungs, it's a clear enough indication that I shouldn't be doing what I'm doing... but, buying the farm in a fireball wreck, or, laying in a hospice care bed waiting my end pumped full of pain killers... seems all a 50/50 anyway, so fuck it. I'll live hard, live fast, and enjoy every finer point I can before I go.

When's the turbo kit happening? Things get side tracked and end up not going that direction at this point?

I'm just here to wreck shit, drink beer, and do wheelies.
RatFighter is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RatFighter!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes