Noob from upstate NY - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Welcome Center (For Noobs!)
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Welcome Center (For Noobs!) Are you new here? Just want to say hi? This is a great place to introduce yourself or ask beginner questions.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Noob from upstate NY

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2017, 09:54 PM   #1
dhelsley22
NoObie
Noobie
dhelsley22's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:19 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
dhelsley22 is a NOOB
Default Noob from upstate NY

Hey guys, I'm Dave, brand new rider, been lurking on here for a few weeks and finally decide I should say hello.

Bought an 89 Ninja 600r (yay another zx600) and have been trying to figure my way around a bike for the first time. Pretty mechanically inclined, and trying to finish up someone else's old project basically.

On to the good stuff, was told when I bought it he had just put stage 3 jets in and had it tuned, but it hasn't been on the road since '14 so I'm giving it a good look over as I restyle it. Had a leaky petcock, which led me to a stripped thread in the gas tank. Also has some koso mirrors, and a koso gauge, with the box and manuals, also has the jet kit box with the original jets.

I'm just getting it running and having some minor issues which I'm thinking are due to it running rich with the cheap air pods that are on it.

Oh and here's some pictures, first is a screenshot from the cl ad.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
dhelsley22 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2017, 10:16 PM   #2
beezwiz
Fighter
beezwiz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:19 PM
beezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to allbeezwiz is a name known to all
Default Re: Noob from upstate NY

Most excellent dhelsey! Welcome to the forum.
beezwiz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived beezwiz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2017, 10:18 PM   #3
dhelsley22
NoObie
Noobie
dhelsley22's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:19 PM
dhelsley22 is a NOOB

Thanks, hope to learn a lot from you guys!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
dhelsley22 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-19-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
MikeGyver
\_(ツ)_/
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:19 AM
Flip Offs: 254
Flipped Off 132 Times in 118 Posts
MikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robbo

Welcome aboard duder! Keep us updated on the progress.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Welcome Center (For Noobs!)