Thorburt & the curse of the butterfly mind - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Thorburt & the curse of the butterfly mind

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:12 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Thorburt & the curse of the butterfly mind

I' Gunna start with a confession.....

Even compared to the common goldfish I have a very poor attention span.
Admittedly. for the goldfish, in it's little glass world, This is probley a good thing. for if I had to spend 24 hours a day staring at the Walls of a domed prison. with nothing to do, but swim in circles, blowing the occasional bubble. I'd quickly become bitter & twisted, buy a gun and become the psychotic golden harbinger of death spraying leaded vengeance

Fortunately. I ain't a goldfish. So, my days are full of work, tinkering, lazing etc etc........ my mental instability is kept at bay. & the inhabitants of Oxfordshire don't tend to find they're suddenly full of holes

Anywho..... Back to the point.
Having barely got started back on N.A.R.F... And struggling to find time to actualy do anything anyway. I keep finding other additional things I wanna start doing and my mind flips from what I know I should be getting on with and I start dabbling with summit else

And after firing up the GSXR last weekend. I got it into my head that I need to get her back on the road. This should be a quick job (only needs some new rubber and she good to go)& ,as such,it doesn't deserve a thread.

But.... I can't help thinking that's far too easy. Besides the GSXR is the bike that brought me here, & was the proto-beginnings of what inspired Roadkill. As such, I made alot of mistakes during the build & feel I could of done things better......

So after all that...

Yay!
For starting yet another project, I probley won't have the time to work on and only update occasionally

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.

Sideshow bob is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Sideshow bob!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Thorburt & the curse of the butterfly mind

So this week...

The first job I decided to do, on Thorburt, is to get it to fire up without being connected to the truck....

This should be a simple.....take the battery off and charging it

Although, nothing seams to be that simple these days....
& with The day job taking up so much of my time , even undoing a couple of bolts, sliding out a battery & hooking it up to a charger, requires more time than I've had
But today I finally got it out....

..... Typically half the cells were dry. So topped it up and connected the charger....

Woohoo! I feel like a mechanical genius* This thing will be back on the road before my birfday**

..... Except, it ain't taking a charge.. Borrox!! as they say in japan

So my first job is....
Buy a new battery

*Yes I really was THAT impressed with myself after doing what is probley the worlds simplest job. Infant, at the moment, I'm pretty sure I could cobble together a interplanetary spacecraft outa some tin foil, sticky backed plastic & that gungey stuff that formed under my fridge as a student
**that'll be mid November... Altho, note I aint said which year

Sideshow bob is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
Motohorho
Former bike builder
CF Addict
Local Time: 09:12 PM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 18 Times in 12 Posts
Motohorho has a reputation beyond reputeMotohorho has a reputation beyond reputeMotohorho has a reputation beyond reputeMotohorho has a reputation beyond reputeMotohorho has a reputation beyond reputeMotohorho has a reputation beyond reputeMotohorho has a reputation beyond reputeMotohorho has a reputation beyond reputeMotohorho has a reputation beyond reputeMotohorho has a reputation beyond reputeMotohorho has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Motohorho is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Motohorho!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motohorho View Post
what you talking about!!

There loadsa pics....
..... Look at all them little smilies I used

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
jaybuilt
or just jay
CF Addict
jaybuilt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:12 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 9 Times in 2 Posts
jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!jaybuilt is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

pics Bob pics
jaybuilt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived jaybuilt!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
Constant
Create Destroy Repeat
CF Addict
Constant's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:12 AM
Flip Offs: 30
Flipped Off 36 Times in 14 Posts
Constant is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Constant is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Constant is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Constant is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Constant is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Constant is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Constant is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Constant is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Constant is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Constant is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Constant is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

I've taken it upon myself to add pics to your thread:

Here you are charging your battery. I think part of your problem is that it's not the right battery for your bike:

There you are removing your battery. Why you did your bike up like a Harley Clone is beyond me?

Since you couldn't get your battery charged you had to take the misses out on the scoot:

Constant is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #7
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

I dunno, you people and your constant demands for pics

and as I aint bothered taking any, here some OLD ones* to ease the fotostarvation

*it still looks exactly like this... except dirtier & with no battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant View Post
had to take the misses out on the scoot:

damn, Mrs.bob has really let herself go......

....hope she don't get any funny ideas from my helmet
. errrrr!!!what number is it when you wear a paperbag and imagine it's someone else

Oh! and one for luck...as Mrs.bob says she gunna nick it anyway I may as well get her in all the pics......

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #8
Kaenmuro
Yarskymator
Fighterer
Kaenmuro's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:12 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
Kaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of light
Fighter of the Month 

We all here in Finland suggest that you charge that gsx-r. Not only battery that's too obvious...

Listen to my newest Tech Dance whit Dubstep influenced mix
Kaenmuro-Tech up the Dup Dance

Yarsky - F*ck You from The Speaker
Kaenmuro - Search Of New Tech (Tech Dance/Hard Trance)

My DJ page:
Kaenmuro is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #9
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaenmuro View Post
We all here in Finland suggest that you charge that gsx-r. Not only battery that's too obvious...
I did charge it.....

but, the police said "it'll never hold up in court" so it got off with a warning

.......or did you mean TURBO

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #10
Kaenmuro
Yarskymator
Fighterer
Kaenmuro's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:12 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
Kaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of lightKaenmuro is a glorious beacon of light
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow bob View Post
I did charge it.....

but, the police said "it'll never hold up in court" so it got off with a warning

.......or did you mean TURBO
Damn I was hoping you could get good profit from charging it... but if it doesn't hold in court...

HEY what tha huk we ar talking about ,TURBO of cource...

We need new smile that has big turbo in it...

Listen to my newest Tech Dance whit Dubstep influenced mix
Kaenmuro-Tech up the Dup Dance

Yarsky - F*ck You from The Speaker
Kaenmuro - Search Of New Tech (Tech Dance/Hard Trance)

My DJ page:
Kaenmuro is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Kaenmuro!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes