Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Post a pic of how your bike currently sits.

637K views 4K replies 647 participants last post by  929_adam 
#1 ·
I'm bored so I thought I throw up some pics of how my bike currently sits. Tore it down to make a new headlight mount, install hydraulic clutch, install choke cable and do some moderate subframe tweaking. Also removed Raask rearsets so I can install some GSXR rearsets I have on the way.

Here's how it currently sits.

What's everyone else's bike look like?

Later, Doug

See less See more
#2,379 ·
THIS!!! Road one night had a flat on the rear in the morning. So I snagged the wheel and tire off the Sprint, slapped it on the Daytona and took off. The blue actually looks pretty good on this beastie

-Russell @ Nerd Rods

#2,381 ·
All hail the parts bike! This will be my touring bike..... some day when I finally work on and finish it and I actually have another ST Sprint I picked up for 600 bucks for parts as well so yet another set of wheels just in case.

I might swap that front wheel over to the daytona as well, I kinda like it.

#2,396 ·
#2,411 ·
3 months to the day....I finally got my RGV forks back together....
Originally I figured that changing seals would take several hours, but as usual nothing goes as expected. Taking them apart was no problem, but when it came time to put the seals back in, the problem hit me. These are a one year only fork design, with the outer tube made in 2 pieces, not 1 as every year after. Getting the lock clip over the seal seemed impossible, so I tried using a press..... And that was obviously where I fucked up. Long story short..er...getting the new and now fucked up seals out caused some damage to a small spring spacer. This part has been NLA for many years... so a world wide search for one started, as it is only used one year.

......10 weeks later......

These guys in Australia found one for me and I got it in the mail this past week.
Made March 14th 1990............

All new seals and bushings...ready to try again.

I figured the trick out on getting the seals in the right way
(the lower seal housing moves on the outer tube, making it hard to get the lock on), spring spacer in place, and all together with fresh oil.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.