Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Its my therapy!!! Well thats what I tell my wife!!

6K views 52 replies 19 participants last post by  Mattson 
#1 ·
Hi all, I am new to this streetfighter obsession but not new to changing the look of my Bike.. I am a long term sufferer of Combat PTSD and started sparaying my bike twice a year just to take my mind off things.. Here are my last 2 paint jobs..

Now I have had many a good time in the head down position taing her to the limit where ever I go but due to getting older and having a back injury from when I served in the forces I need to sit up a bit...
So as she runs so good and the money I have spent keeping her in tip top condition on the outside and inside so the only answer is Streetfighter.

I changed the 99 tail for the 2003 as I liked the look..

Then I started polishing every thing as I like the polished alluminum look so here are my wheels

and swingarm + frame

Since those pictures I have polished the reat sets and added oh amd I have polished the side covers as well..and added these..

So as for what next...Relocation the Ohlins steering damper which I have no idea as of yet how to do this Below the headlight (which is on its way..MT-03) I am thinking..Anyone got any tips...

Paint on its way..I am lucky to have a big garage so I have my own spray booth.. Going for Silver metalic course with either Candy apple red over the top or a deeper red Candy..I have plans to do some Ghost graphics under the red as well..

I shall add things here as I go along..

I know I will be back asking for really daft advice so I will apologise now in advance..Some days/weeks my brain just does not work how it should...

Oh by the way I am in the UK so if you dont understand the shit we speak over here Just let me know and I will translate.. Cheers for now..:rock:

See less See more
#38 ·
I had no idea you could polish steel to that degree. It is almost like chrome!
Awesome work and so much patience.

I like the red tank but lets see the shiny one? As a thought, now it is polished it would be ready for chrome plate if polishing and waxing doesn't work out.

#41 ·
Duuuuuude...soooo......shiny...... got any idea how many man hours it took to do? Bet you're getting a signed christmas card from Farécla as well :D I'd never have the patience to do that.

Kinda funny seeing the bike standing on those crummy stands :D

#42 ·
This is as she stands today...:party-smiley:
However she has started firing on only 2 cylinders again so well fucked off...3 weeks ago she did the same not firing on 1 and 4 did everything I could i.e cleaning carbs, checked spark plugs (4 new fitted) tested coils as per the manual and no obvious problem found...then she fired up ok and fired on all 4.....but now it is playing up again..So Have ordered some new coils.....Anyone else know what else I can check..
Anyway her she is..

This post has been deleted
#47 ·
Not been well enough to ride and as I ran out of things to polish I thought I would do something I have wanted to do for a while now...Mirror Polish an engine....WTF!!!! Sounds crazy and way out there I know but as I had a spare (again remember this is my therapy) and its better than doing DIY in the house.... Watch this space..........:rock::rock::LolLolLolLol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.