Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

tat2highway's 07 r6 street fighter build

9K views 75 replies 10 participants last post by  tat2highway 
#1 ·
so... the time has come... I have grown tired of riding crouched down on my bike. after debating on selling my beloved red bike for either a up right bike or busa to streetfight, I decided to make due with what I had and build the upright I want.

I have a 07 r6 that ive had for about a year now and $4k later, I have a decent low mileage r6 with tons of track goodies. that's what it was originally built for. an everyday rider with track bike components.

i'm going full streetfighter on this thing now. I'm pretty sure that the fz8 throttle cable and clutch lines are gonna easily swapped. one issue is the fact the my ram air is between my forks, so I'm gonna have to figure out a way to get dual headlights so the bike can breath still. prolly gonna go with the newer speed triple headlights, with a fly screen. and prolly trail tech vapor gauge to clean everything up. sorta curious what Yamaha speedos are interchangeable. I'm gonna order a new triple tree and risers and dirt bike bars. some handgaurds and bar end mirrors. I think after all that, I just have to hide wiring, mount rectifier, and get some adjustable rearsets. m sure there will be other goodies here and there like new coremoto lines in the front with a little more length on em. prolly some red samco hose lines and mcgeyver a belly pan from track fairings. I need to look into radiator gaurds as well...

itll be a fun project, and I havent really seen a lot of r6r streetfighters and I feel itll make a sick one.

next is a list of all the parts it has now.

Shorai lithium ion battery
Coremoto brake lines (front/rear)
Ebc HH sintered brake pads (front/rear)
Hyperpro steering damper
Targa solo seat cowl
Wrapped headers/exhaust
Mjs midpipe
Gytr Carbon Fiber slip-on
AGG smog block off plates
Ape Manual Cam Chain Tensioner
Gearing is dropped 1 tooth in the front for quicker acceleration
Supersprox stock size sprocket on the rear
D.I.D. 525 x-ring gold chain
Ecu flashed by VcycleNut (corrected speedometer for gearing, no factory throttle restrictions, fans come on at 189, disabled exup, generic fuel map on ecu for exhaust and air filter, tuned for 93 octane pump gas)
Power commander 3 usb (dyno tuned 2 weeks ago with a perfect AFR)
Dyno tuned @ 106 Hp
GBR engine case savers
Red anodized bar ends
Red 728 Progrip grips
Black Frame sliders
Gold swingarm sliders
Red anodized Preload adjusters
Gold CNC mirrors
Michelin pilot Power 3 (w/ less than 600 miles on them)
Vertical side mount license plate
Smoked flush mount turn signals
Rear turn signals are Led strips mounted next to tail light
Black probolt sprocket nut kit
Gold windshield nuts
Black frame plugs
Gloss black powder coated rear sets
Red led third eye
Gold valve caps
Gold fuel cap bolts
Gold and black Yamaha emblems
Gold and black tank pad
Bmc unrestricted race air filter
Smoked Zero Gravity Double Bubble windshield
Stompgrip tank pads

hmm.. I think that about covers it for now. ill post more when progress is made, so for now... enjoy the pics of how she will never be again!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#28 ·
I found the mt03 headlight on a German eBay page for super cheap. Also found a lot of other mask setups for cheap. Just not sure how I would mount it. Also looking to get a vfr 800 swingarm. Do the 18" car wheel setup.

Got busy yesterday and stripped her nude. It's much easier to figure out routing cable and wires with her clothes off... Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
then went for a ride with a buddy of mine. Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Supermoto Car

I hit 140mph a couple of times and decided I'm gonna keep it possible to put my nose fairing on for track days.

Aside from this... No major updates.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#37 ·
So... Started taking off and mountain things on the other side of the bike...

Quick question... Will it cause any problems with my rectifier being mounted directly to my frame? Do I need plastic between it or something?
View attachment 75802

direct to the frame is fine, mounted to plastic is bad.
the RR gets hot as a way to regulate the electricity, basically, excess electricity is converted to heat. Mounted on the frame, the frame becomes a giant heatsink. Which is good.

#41 ·
Lol... I wanted to see what they looked like staggered. I just moved em back to being even... Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Chopper
Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire Auto part Tire

They are temporary till I can save up the coin to put a more permanent mask setup or mt03 headlight on it. This current setup was like $30 bucks at advance auto parts. Lol. I wanted to get rid of the front fairing and needed a quick fix for riding at night.

#42 ·
tbh for $30 you cant complain! they do actually look good!

set of dirty bars on next or even drag bars will make it much more fun to ride!
i converted my first sportsbike to wide bars 3 years ago and of the 4 bikes I have had since then I have put wide bars on all of them!

#44 ·
Haven't really done very much with it lately. Funds have been tapped by bills and Christmas presents for my kiddos... And the bike is dirty as hell... But... I kinda like it dirty when she's naked. With all her clothes on, I washed her every other day just about.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

Watching the walking dead the other night, I realized Daryl has a 06-07 r6 front end on his bike. I am liking his setup as far as headlight and the plate he used to hide everything... Just an idea for now, but if I can some how afford it, I would like my front end to look like his...
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

Not to sure about his fender setup, but I assume it was a must running the dual sport tires. I have found those tires, and for a front an rear, it's gonna run me 3hundo, but damn they look good. And are actually pretty purposeful for where I live...
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories

#45 ·
TKC80s those tyres do look cool definitely give any bike an apocalypse feel! want a set for my cbr but doubt they would be any good for sliding it about on tarmac

#47 ·
Get a screen for your radiator then, get it so that the mesh is small enough that anything that does get through wont screw anything up

#51 ·
So... On my way to work, my buddy snapped a pic of me claiming that he found Waldo!!!
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motorcycle racer Motorcycling

Aside from the humor of it all, I think my bike looks pretty sweet naked. First time I've seen me on it, since I've stripped it. I definitely need to do something about the handle bar/clip on situation. It looks horribly uncomfortable from this POV.

#52 ·
thats the cool thing about 600s

I love the power my 12 makes and love power but 600s are just so small you can really throw them around and piss about on them! bike still looking good fella but definitely need to get it to wide bar setup! (also maybe not dress like waldo!)

#53 ·
Yeah man. For sure. I am hoping that at the beggining of the year I'll be able to start affording things for the bikes again. Money is tight around my house at the moment. My wife is trying to get a job to help out some, but right now it's just me working and paying bills. Wit financial obligations, four kids, and a wife, money is hardly spent on myself. Lol. I'll make up for it when I get my income tax return back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.