2000 B2 carb guru? - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Making Power Anything to do with fabricating and modifying engines, carbs, ignition, etc. goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 2000 B2 carb guru?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-20-2017, 05:51 PM   #21
seethesvt
hobbiest.
Noobie
seethesvt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Location: Georgia
Posts: 32
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
seethesvt is a NOOB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dindu nuffins View Post
Try just the stiffer springs first. I have a feeling that will yield improvement.

The hoses were probably already pulled... nevermind that part.

For further needle adjustments the slides should lift out of the carbs easily enough with the carbs still mounted.
There are still 2 vent hoses hooked up. one between #1 and #2 and another between #3 and #4. If those aren't the vent hoses you speak of... should the removed hoses be plugged? if you could elaborate on this subject, I'd appreciate it.
seethesvt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-20-2017, 11:23 PM   #22
dindu nuffins
GURU
CF Addict
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Posts: 1,999
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!
Default Re: 2000 B2 carb guru?

You want to have just the cross T in between said carbs open and pointing upward. From the factory there are 2 "foot long" hoses hanging off of them.
dindu nuffins is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-21-2017, 03:43 AM   #23
seethesvt
hobbiest.
Noobie
seethesvt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Location: Georgia
Posts: 32
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
seethesvt is a NOOB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dindu nuffins View Post
You want to have just the cross T in between said carbs open and pointing upward. From the factory there are 2 "foot long" hoses hanging off of them.
. Copy that. I do have hoses on them. What's the difference?
seethesvt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
 
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #24
dindu nuffins
GURU
CF Addict
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Posts: 1,999
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!
Default Re: 2000 B2 carb guru?

Not sure why but it makes a difference. Try pulling off the hoses.
dindu nuffins is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-21-2017, 03:32 PM   #25
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Posts: 4,378
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 2000 B2 carb guru?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dindu nuffins View Post
But you're likely to save some headache by breaking the bank and ordering a jet kit. Factory pro or Ivans. Not dynojet, not holeshot.
Looking at the factory pro site they have a kit that is made specific for the bandit with pod filter setup. For basically $155... I'm usually all about the diy carb tuning because the lessons learned are invaluable. But, there might be a ton of value in that kit for the op.

Look, jets r us, $7 or so per main per carb + $7 per pilot per carb = $56 for one shot. When you come to the conclusion the jetting isn't right, $56. When you say I'm fucking close but not perfect, $56... Buy three options of mains and pilots first go around, $168....

And you still haven't touched the fact the previous owner has GSXR1100 needles in there and well yeah they are shimmed but are they really working good for you?

I dunno... That factory pro kit seems like a good value..

EDIT: Link http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prods74.html

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

2017 build off party, bullshit and general discussion thread <---Click here


DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived F'dup!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-21-2017, 04:51 PM   #26
seethesvt
hobbiest.
Noobie
seethesvt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Location: Georgia
Posts: 32
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
seethesvt is a NOOB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F'dup View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dindu nuffins View Post
But you're likely to save some headache by breaking the bank and ordering a jet kit. Factory pro or Ivans. Not dynojet, not holeshot.
Looking at the factory pro site they have a kit that is made specific for the bandit with pod filter setup. For basically $155... I'm usually all about the diy carb tuning because the lessons learned are invaluable. But, there might be a ton of value in that kit for the op.

Look, jets r us, $7 or so per main per carb + $7 per pilot per carb = $56 for one shot. When you come to the conclusion the jetting isn't right, $56. When you say I'm fucking close but not perfect, $56... Buy three options of mains and pilots first go around, $168....

And you still haven't touched the fact the previous owner has GSXR1100 needles in there and well yeah they are shimmed but are they really working good for you?

I dunno... That factory pro kit seems like a good value..

EDIT: Link http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prods74.html
Only thing I worry about is with the gsxr cams, it will still need additional tuning. So, this kit will get me close, but... Still, I guess it's a better start than where I'm at.

I'll play around with the 127.5 and 132.5 mains that I have coming in and see what happens with that. Then I'll probably go this route when that fails.
seethesvt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-21-2017, 07:25 PM   #27
dindu nuffins
GURU
CF Addict
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Posts: 1,999
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!
Default Re: 2000 B2 carb guru?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F'dup View Post
Looking at the factory pro site they have a kit that is made specific for the bandit with pod filter setup. For basically $155... I'm usually all about the diy carb tuning because the lessons learned are invaluable. But, there might be a ton of value in that kit for the op.

Look, jets r us, $7 or so per main per carb + $7 per pilot per carb = $56 for one shot. When you come to the conclusion the jetting isn't right, $56. When you say I'm fucking close but not perfect, $56... Buy three options of mains and pilots first go around, $168....

And you still haven't touched the fact the previous owner has GSXR1100 needles in there and well yeah they are shimmed but are they really working good for you?

I dunno... That factory pro kit seems like a good value..

EDIT: Link http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prods74.html
Forgive me for implying that people havent gotten right with just shims and jets. I'm sure they have. But yea this right here ^^^
dindu nuffins is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived dindu nuffins!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-21-2017, 08:09 PM   #28
seethesvt
hobbiest.
Noobie
seethesvt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Location: Georgia
Posts: 32
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
seethesvt is a NOOB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dindu nuffins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F'dup View Post
Looking at the factory pro site they have a kit that is made specific for the bandit with pod filter setup. For basically $155... I'm usually all about the diy carb tuning because the lessons learned are invaluable. But, there might be a ton of value in that kit for the op.

Look, jets r us, $7 or so per main per carb + $7 per pilot per carb = $56 for one shot. When you come to the conclusion the jetting isn't right, $56. When you say I'm fucking close but not perfect, $56... Buy three options of mains and pilots first go around, $168....

And you still haven't touched the fact the previous owner has GSXR1100 needles in there and well yeah they are shimmed but are they really working good for you?

I dunno... That factory pro kit seems like a good value..

EDIT: Link http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prods74.html
Forgive me for implying that people havent gotten right with just shims and jets. I'm sure they have. But yea this right here ^^^
already on it.
seethesvt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-23-2017, 05:58 AM   #29
dindu nuffins
GURU
CF Addict
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Posts: 1,999
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!dindu nuffins is a wicked helpful, well liked member!
Default Re: 2000 B2 carb guru?

yank those 2 hoses and try it. you're supposed to remove them with most kits anyway.
dindu nuffins is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-28-2017, 05:22 PM   #30
seethesvt
hobbiest.
Noobie
seethesvt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:46 PM
Location: Georgia
Posts: 32
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
seethesvt is a NOOB
Default

It's running stock pilot jets, and everywhere I've read says to use smaller ,17.5 pilots. IDK why, but i subconsciously ignored that detail... So I have 17.5 pilots on the way and also, I remember when I first got her running, she had throttle response for the first couple minutes, so I have the carbs soaking for a couple days for a nice deep clean if all the small little passages. I'm hoping one just got clogged. Then I'll put it the 5d42 needles, no shims, 17.5 pilots and 150 mains. I also bought a carbtune 4 to sync the carbs. Hopefully then she'll be good to ride and start fine tuning from there.
seethesvt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived seethesvt!
Reply

  Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power

Bookmarks

Thank you for viewing 2000 B2 carb guru? in the Making Power section of our streetfighter motorcycle forum. I hope you found it useful!


Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Making Power - 2000 B2 carb guru? on Custom Fighters Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 PM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 4.20
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Top USA Streetfighter Motorcycle Websites