2000 B2 carb guru? - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Making Power Anything to do with fabricating and modifying engines, carbs, ignition, etc. goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 2000 B2 carb guru?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2017, 02:52 AM   #1
seethesvt
hobbiest.
Noobie
seethesvt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
seethesvt is a NOOB
Default 2000 B2 carb guru?

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ht=bandit+1200

just bought this bike.

i got it idling nice, but it falls on its face hard at mid rpms. like, falls on its face and loses all its teeth, hard. more of a bog. i have a log that the original guy made where he kept track of changing the jetting to get it to run right, and was unsuccessful anywhere from 150-165 main jets. im pretty sure the k&n pods are the culprit, but i don't have the original airbox, nor do i have the option to use it because of the bike setup.

K&N pods
main:165
pilot:37.5
needles: 5D42 w/ 5 washer shims
float: .58"
A/F: 2.5 turns.
ran it with an open header.

I'm lost now.

to "finish" the build, all i need is a headlight, tail light, turn signals, new handlebars or risers (so i can rotate the controls for a more comfortable position of the levers) and a dyno tune... just gotta get er to run through the rpm range...

The sooner you start the sooner you finish.
seethesvt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2017, 07:27 AM   #2
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 2000 B2 carb guru?

I'm not a bandit carb guru by any means, there are people on here that know these bikes up and down. But, that jetting seems holy shit rich if what jetrus says is right for stock jetting. They say Main-102.5/Slow-15...

I mean, yeah it's got pods but that is a huge increase in fueling....

Pull the plugs and take pics...

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

2017 build off party, bullshit and general discussion thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2017, 12:50 PM   #3
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,425
Flipped Off 873 Times in 397 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Plugs will tell you what you need. Report back and we can let you know if the jetting need changed

Remi Gavin michele RATdad
UF's 2017 build off cb550
UF's 2017 build off discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2017, 12:50 PM   #4
seethesvt
hobbiest.
Noobie
seethesvt is a NOOB

#4 plug. Haven't ran it today, so I can't tell you if the plug was wet. Will do that later if needed. Bonus pic of my new girl with my daily.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170419_123748_1492620553938.jpg (234.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 20170419_123740_1492620571466.jpg (266.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20170418_111704_1492620589336.jpg (173.5 KB, 19 views)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #5
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus

Looks lean and oil fouled slightly. But we are going to need all four spark plugs marked to each cylinder

Quote:
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2017, 02:12 PM   #6
seethesvt
hobbiest.
Noobie
seethesvt is a NOOB

Here are the other 3. Marked with fingers. Also, I had a suspicion that it was running lean. As soon as the vacuum sleeves start moving when I rev in idle, it bogs. The springs for them are a lot lighter than stock too. FYI.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170419_140700_1492625364505.jpg (267.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20170419_140350_1492625537912.jpg (290.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20170419_140128_1492625556588.jpg (252.8 KB, 15 views)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2017, 03:13 PM   #7
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Flip Offs: 189
Flipped Off 106 Times in 45 Posts
RatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on hereRatFighter spends too much time on here

I'll have to dig up my notes, but 160's are enormous if you are still running stock cam and bore. The B12's are really choked back from the start so the 102 and 15 jetting is totally irrelevant as a baseline setting. If I remember right, it was 142 mains and 38 pilots that had my brothers Bandit running top notch. (even set a power record at the shop that dyno'd it, best they had ever seen for stock bore and cam 1157's)

I know the print off from the best dyno run has all the specs listed, I'll give my brother a call tonight and see what he has to say. Those K&N filters are not the problem at all, they are the solution to the anemic intake volume the stock airbox provides, and if I remember correctly, it's the same airbox they put in the 600's. No need to turn back now, a mild change of jet size and that thing will rip your arms out of the sockets at 4500rpm and plow into rev limiter without ever feeling like the power curve drops at all.

Your mileage may vary on power numbers though, my brother and I have a pretty strict formula for exhaust building, and it's proven time and time again that off the shelf systems will always leave you a little bit of untapped potential. Ditching that stock header and the slipon in favor of a Yoshimura setup will clean up the tuning effort quite a bit... good luck finding one though, they are getting pretty rare. Got rid of my last header to rockandrollfrenchfries quite some time ago... wonder whatever happened to him.

I'm just here to do wheelies and influence riders.
RatFighter is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2017, 05:23 PM   #8
seethesvt
hobbiest.
Noobie
seethesvt is a NOOB

It doesn't have the stick airbox. It has pods. The air intake levels are enormous compared to the airbox. Not do I have stock cams, close though. I listed all this in my first post. It has gsxr 1100 Cams from an 89.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2017, 06:35 PM   #9
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad

the problem is, you might be running lean in only one part of your throttle range.

i've had a kat 600 motor with k&n filters and open header and it basically ran well except a small stumble midrange with stock jetting.

Here's a [[[basic]]] outline of what each circuit does as you tune

your number 3 plug look damn near spot on

http://kawtriple.com/mraxl/carb/plugchop.htm

Quote:
This user High Fived ultimate fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2017, 06:43 PM   #10
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad

carb tuning takes persistence and alot of problem solving.

It pays off in the end. I make alot of $$ tuning and rebuilding carbs for people that don't understand or think it's too hard

Quote:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power