Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

UF's kz650 superbike build *discussion

44K views 479 replies 53 participants last post by  Sinister Imaging 
#1 ·
#229 ·
I was thinking more from the side profile, since it has the angular part near the fork tubes, which would be paired up with the curved lines of the tank when viewed from the side. I think the tail will be the deciding factor there.

I love the hell out of the swingarm, though. What'd you change/modify on the pipe bender?

#230 ·
Bike looks sick. Keep it goin.

#236 ·
it's a flatslide carb rack with a diaphram and butterflys

tuning a conventional flatslide is difficult because of all the air flow. Could make it less streetable. These flat slides will give me tune-ability and reliability.

Without the price tag

#238 ·
That bike is lookin seKZy! Love the speed hole idea, it definitely will add 50+h.p. and 50mph plus it will look kool as shit:thumbsup: Nice work man! Is that a new header I spot?

#239 ·
It's a stainless supertrapp header. Very rare.... which is why i'm chopping it up.

i'm what ever the opposite if a purist is.

Not sure how i'm doing the exhaust just yet... need ideas....please

#251 ·
I've seen a few bikes that have done it and they didn't break up to that point. The thing you need to keep in mind is to not make the slot so big that you end up with | .... | as the cross section of the spoke. All the ones I've seen still had a little flange there so the cross section was more like |-...-| (picture a sideways T)

The Marchesini wheels don't break...

#254 ·
I emailed the manufacture of marchesni wheels, and about 5 other experts. Checked with our resident expert, mpls, and they all gave the ok , I chose 3/16 because its noticeable but doesn't take away too much material. As long as I space them out and keep the heat down while drilling im good. Also doing the drilling on a mill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.