Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Got a job as a courier in NYC

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  RaZed1 
#1 ·
Started yesterday, it's the most fun I've had working in awhile! Picked up a trusty vt500c for the duty and rode the balls off it. Not bad for some extra p/t cash. LOVE hitting the 1st ave tunnel and making a full ruckus.
Anyone else here doing this kind of work?

#2 ·
well you sure picked the right user name..

couriers in NYC use motorcycles? hrm..... I could have a blast buzzing around on a mototard while getting paaaid!

#3 ·
oh jesus christ i would make the most abnoxious 1200 sporty hard tail with "door rumbler" pipes "hand cuff" bars and a big image on the gas tank that says "DRINK FIGHT AND FUCK"

i wanna do this so bad!!

G
#4 ·
I used to courier on a flat barred GSXR11 around Coventry & Birmingham that was fun for a while but the miles & weather soon took its toll ..... I eventually got sacked when i had some distance work & borrowed the bosses BMW, he wasnt impressed when i thrashed the tits off it & bought it back pissing oil :D

#6 ·
Did it for a lot of years in Los Angeles. Its a fun job, see a lot of shit you would normally not have a chance to.

I was lucky I never got hurt doing the job but saw quite a few guys get crippled up, three died.

I drove Carriages in Central Park for a couple Christmas seasons, Be careful, Cabbies and Busses will not give you any space.

#11 ·
It's a company called Postmates, a few big cities have it. Basically you can be called to deliver anything, though 80% of it is food. I've delivered medicine pretty often, people are usually pretty appreciative of how fast it gets there. Mostly guys have bicycles, there are only 2 other moto guys i know of out there and one is my roommate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.