Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

SPEEDO BANDIT /speedo healer?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Streetfighterkz 
#1 ·
I gave up on my DanMoto nano gauge after the tach kept giving me issues, and also realized I cant be bothered with the magnet sensor install now that I see what it entails.

Im looking at a KOSO Db-01 ... is there any possible way to get this speedo to work using the stock bandits wiring? no magnets?

anybody have any history with getting a speedo healer? I JUST learned about it.
here is a link : http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=31&product_id=59

Is this what I need?

Any issues with the fuel gauge as well with the koso? plug-play?

RPM/tach will still require me to splice it into the negative wire to the coil for cyclinder 1&2 right?

CLIFFS:
-installing koso gauge and NEED to make sure I have everything.
-found out about a way to hook up speedo without magnet, need advice.
-interested if fuel gauge will work as well (plug/&pay)

thanks again guys!

edit:... or is a speedo healer simply for stock speedos that have had had sprocket changes etc

See less See more
#2 ·
okay, my head is spinning...

i just want to avoid the god damn magnets and have a tach that uses stock wiring, and doesnt tap into the coil.

I had a danmoto nano gauge, and it worked fine (dummy lights)... but I gave up installing it after it all worked, minus the tach. I want a freaking tach if i spend 140$ on a gauge with a tach. The tach stopped working 5 seconds after it was responding to revs... didnt matter if it was into stock wiring, or coil - same story.

this is a headache. almost going to just use my iphone.:doh:

#3 ·
I know this has been brought up before but not sure if you were involved in the conversation or not. Anyways, what about a newer Gsxr gauge cluster? The use the same speed sensor style that's already on your B6. Plus use a factory tach lead. They'll be smaller than the factory Bandit gauges (maybe not as small as an aftermarket unit) and probably cheaper than a Koso or maybr even a Chinese Koso knock-off.

Later, Doug

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.