Its my therapy!!! Well thats what I tell my wife!! - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Its my therapy!!! Well thats what I tell my wife!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2017, 03:13 PM   #31
gazza69696969
Noobie
Local Time: 06:44 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
gazza69696969 is a NOOB
Default Re: Its my therapy!!! Well thats what I tell my wife!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsx-mutattack28 View Post
i have had good success with clearing over polised surfaces.. you will have to remove all polish from the surface an clear it. then wet sand with 4000 grit an buff back.. it will last a long time. used to do this with our show sled.. stripped an polished the tunnels. an clear coat it...its all about the prep. TBH
I always work on the the chemical bond and mechanical bond theory...Clear over paint within the specified time is good for chemical bond if chemical bond is not posible then you need to sand to make a mechanical surface to bond with.. Or it will just peel.

The only issue I see is if the clear does not bond correctly you may end up with spots of rust under the clear where the clear has not bonded.

Also on bare metal you would use an Etch Primer which promotes paint adhesion on bare metal. Not overly keen on wasting my clear only to have to re sand and re-polish..

I am sure I have another 2 or 3 tanks somewhere so might give clear a shot with one of them..
gazza69696969 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived gazza69696969!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2017, 03:22 PM   #32
gsx-mutattack28
CF-Addicted
CF Lover
gsx-mutattack28's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:44 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
gsx-mutattack28 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!gsx-mutattack28 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!gsx-mutattack28 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!gsx-mutattack28 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!gsx-mutattack28 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!gsx-mutattack28 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!gsx-mutattack28 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!gsx-mutattack28 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!gsx-mutattack28 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!gsx-mutattack28 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!gsx-mutattack28 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

not tryin to say your wrong what so ever. was just saying it worked well for us.. thats all, my .02

Gsx-Zx6-Gsxr streamlines build. http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=104129

"the fire burning down my happiness, but i will RISE!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiemann View Post
If everything made sense we wouldnt be building and modding bikes
gsx-mutattack28 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-20-2017, 04:02 PM   #33
gazza69696969
Noobie
gazza69696969 is a NOOB

Is it me or does anyone else hold there breath when they first start the bike after they have been messing with it I mean transforming it.....

Of course after all the electrical skullduggery I have been doing I knackered the battery so it did not do what I wanted it to do when I pushed the launch button..

However a quick trip to the local bike shop hey presto new battery...and..............whooop whooop it fired up first push... a few adjustments with the motoscope pro and had RPM, Coolant temp, speedo.

Now its full speed with the plolishing and then a once over twice tweeking/thread lock the nuts and bolts from front to back...Like a old kid with a new toy today...

BRING ON THE SUN YOU FUCKERS........
gazza69696969 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived gazza69696969!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2017, 05:52 PM   #34
gazza69696969
Noobie
gazza69696969 is a NOOB

Well tank is done. Not sure now if I like the Red Candy or the polished.....

These people High Fived gazza69696969!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes