Yantosh's CB1300rr - Page 13 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2017 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Bike Build Threads Post yer bike threads in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Yantosh's CB1300rr

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #121
yantosh

I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:46 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 19 Times in 17 Posts
yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Yantosh's CB1300rr

back to the van workshop , get this thing on it's feet, was an interesting task. Lie it on it's side, put the forks , bars and wheel in, man handle it onto a paddock stand and pop the back wheel in. Measured up and ordered the brake lines

the black forks are real nice with the polished ally, would have preferred anodizing, but the budget won't stretch that far i'm afraid

yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2017, 02:32 PM   #122
yantosh

yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

tick tock .....

finally got that rad fitted, no problems so far.... still to fill with coolant mind... all the hoses on and connected up

the stone guard is a little too wide, that can be sorted with spacers

then start adding electrical components and brake lines , downpipes too, the twin pipes aren't going to work, it'd need a full new system to be done right , too expensive and time consuming, I'll get a nice can

lets keep the momentum going
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-20-2017, 04:14 PM   #123
yantosh

back to the dark van, have a look at the gear change. The mock up of the shift pedal is kind of in place, I thought the linkage was on right , till I looked at the pic back in the house (it's upside down).

next step, make pedal / lever.... call it what you will and an extension for the shift rod

the chain guide can just about be seen hiding in the dark, that'll need something tacked on with threaded holes
These people High Fived yantosh!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-25-2017, 04:06 PM   #124
yantosh

that's the gear shift swapped from paper to loominum, just the peg at the end of the lever to make then polish, tried it out tho and it shifts fine

bled up the brakes and clutch, fitted the throttle assembly , swingarm spindle caps and swapped the rear wheel spacers to the correct sides of the wheel, it looks much better not being 25mm out of line

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-31-2017, 02:25 PM   #125
yantosh

welded up the flange end of the link pipe today

with a bit of luck it'll be on the bike by tomorrow
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-01-2017, 01:00 PM   #126
yantosh

had loads of plans for today.

needed a link pipe, but only have this lot

done the job tho, torque arm too from stainless

then I had a date with this young lady

and by the time that was done... time was up
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2017, 03:16 PM   #127
yantosh

back again, my new furry baby is taking up a fair bit of time, got a bit done today tho

started with the end of the gear pedal, simple enough piece of turning

and while at the lathe I replaced the engine spacer that has gone awol

a little stainless bracket to secure the exhaust as I cut the original off frame

now the fun bit...a'hem.... yeah right

time to try fitting all the loom back in, join all the things together with magic smoke tubes once again

to be fair it went better than anticipated , still needs work but it's all there

I'm going to fit the tip over sensor , save having to get it to run without it, now that the bikes together there's plenty room on the back of the battery tray, just means popping it out and drilling a couple of holes

I will type up my to do list here later , save me losing it
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-13-2017, 07:06 PM   #128
yantosh

what's left to do?

I do like me a list...... (bar room psychologists make of that what you will)

fit lock stops to the bottom yoke
fit the tip over sensor to the battery tray
order RAM AIR filters for the throttle bodies
fit missing bolt to rad (replace both with ss)
oil filter
try to route water pipe properly (looks like it's too short)
fill with coolant and oil
new rear sprocket (the wheel has a 520 fitted)
fit a chain
new bolts in torque arm
properly fit the loom (possibly off to auto spark for that... this is the thing that could hold me up)
minor mod to link pipe
secure the choke
fit the number plate
fit disc bolts
tighten the headers
remove or trim the radiator guard
polish the cases
wash the engine
fit the proper linkage bolt
secure the chain guide
fit the speedo
fit the bodywork (it's at paint)
have decals cut
attach throttle cables (bodywork first, they go through the number board)
polish gear lever
nut and bolt check
charge battery
dyno

lots of these things are little , but none can be left out, hopefully get a few hour Sat morning
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2017, 02:42 PM   #129
yantosh

disc bolts on

tip over fitted

battery on charge

and my friend Neil going to help sort out the wires at his place
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-03-2017, 03:25 PM   #130
yantosh

some pictures through from Deeks

he painted the numberboard too,but it's red ,not black....

I tried not being an ungrateful dick, but I need it to be black, so he's generously going to re mask and paint

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2017 Winter Buildoff > Bike Build Threads