V8 project? - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > V8 project?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-19-2017, 09:17 PM   #1
jnimbostratus
Quackenbush Qustom
Senior Fighterer
jnimbostratus's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:21 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
jnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to behold
Default V8 project?

Well.. I have been shopping for a project car to put my Silverado engine in without finding anything I could really fall in love with I realized it's cuz I really just love bikes. Can't cage a wild animal. But, I still have this LS engine and an s475 turbo sitting around so I'm thinking it's going in a bike or more likely a trike. It would be a reverse trike if I do go 3 wheels and it would be 3wd. I'm just hoping to get some ideas flowing here mostly about the rear end. To me the easiest thing would be to put a spool in the rear and cut one of the axle housings off while shortening the remaining one as if for drag car use then I have one wheel in the rear and my gear ratio would match my front dif. I have the whole truck for donor parts (cracked/rusted frame engine only has 70k miles yr1999) I'm thinking I would like to keep the 4l60e transmission and controlling it with microsquirt to shift it. It is a 4x4 trans so adapting an AWD transfer case is easily done. If there were options for having a transmission small enough for 2 wheel use I would consider that also but seems unattainable on my budget and I really dig the idea of having a 3wd toy I can ride through the winter. As soon as my turbo Fj is riding again this project will start.

Sorry for ranting just trying to get the juices flowing.

Hit me with some ideas or tell me I'm an idiot. Either way it's going to happen some how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F'dup View Post

Wrench, ride, repeat...It's the life...
jnimbostratus is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived jnimbostratus!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-19-2017, 09:35 PM   #2
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: V8 project?

Just kidding, DW!

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

2017 build off party, bullshit and general discussion thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived F'dup!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-19-2017, 10:02 PM   #3
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,425
Flipped Off 873 Times in 397 Posts
ultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on hereultimate fighter spends too much time on here
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Just build a buggy.

Remi Gavin michele RATdad
UF's 2017 build off cb550
UF's 2017 build off discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ultimate fighter!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-19-2017, 10:22 PM   #4
jnimbostratus
Quackenbush Qustom
Senior Fighterer
jnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to beholdjnimbostratus is a splendid one to behold

I thought about a buggy but I want something unique and original. I thought about buying one of those tbucket hot rod kits (frame and body tub) and building an AWD street monster but I get uncomfortable doing anything without starting with a registerable title.

Quote:

jnimbostratus is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-19-2017, 10:55 PM   #5
WestKentucky
NoObie
Noobie
Local Time: 01:21 PM
WestKentucky is a village idiot...WestKentucky is a village idiot...WestKentucky is a village idiot...

AWD track beast or trail beast sounds like fun. Go find a Geo Tracker body and hack it up...there's your registerable titleable vehicle...light, open, and simple enough to adapt to whatever you want to end up with. Just make sure that when your done there is a rack for a 2 wheeled toy to ride along to and from this beasts playground.
WestKentucky is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-19-2017, 11:38 PM   #6
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 19
Flipped Off 30 Times in 17 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

The trike sounds like something I would build. Just saying....

I'm pretty sure that for near all purposes, 4 wheels is better. You wouldn't even save the weight of ditching a diff.

A compact armored car (like a ghetto ferrit) would be my choice if I had a big 4wd SUV worth of parts to play with. Which is basically a buggy or rock crawler with plates bolted on, and tbh there's nothing wrong with those either.
sebwiers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-20-2017, 12:06 AM   #7
makenzie71
Fighterer
makenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to allmakenzie71 is a name known to all

I don't know...if I had an LS lump sitting around needing a home I'd probably build a buggy. I've had unique and original...it's not all that neat unless you just like looking at things.
makenzie71 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived makenzie71!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-20-2017, 01:59 AM   #8
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Addict
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:21 PM
Flip Offs: 34
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
mcantar spends too much time on heremcantar spends too much time on heremcantar spends too much time on heremcantar spends too much time on heremcantar spends too much time on heremcantar spends too much time on heremcantar spends too much time on heremcantar spends too much time on heremcantar spends too much time on heremcantar spends too much time on heremcantar spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebwiers View Post
The trike sounds like something I would build. Just saying....

So you're saying he'll never finish it?

If I had something like that laying around I'd be building a rat rod or a VW bug desert runner.

MCI Moto

2002 R1 fighter
2017 Buildoff Contest Busa build thread and discussion thread
2017 Buildoff Contest Bandit 12 build thread and discussion thread
2016 Buildoff Contest Busa build thread and discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-20-2017, 04:38 PM   #9
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 19
Flipped Off 30 Times in 17 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Time suck was certainly part of the implication, yes. Would depend how much practice he's had fucking things up... er, customizing things. Design / build complexity with no real benefit beyond conceptual exploration was the other.

I agree, either of those projects sounds both more straight forward, and the final product likely more fun to use.
sebwiers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-20-2017, 09:00 PM   #10
jnimbostratus
Quackenbush Qustom
Senior Fighterer

If I had a dessert near me I would be into a buggy or dune runner but I live 45 min north of NYC all I have near me is swamp snow and pavement depending on the time of year. In a perfect world I would get my hands on a first or second gen Camaro and build a street car but even basket cases cost an arm and a leg. It's one of those what evers for sale when I have money in my pocket things.

Quote:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes