Its my therapy!!! Well thats what I tell my wife!! - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Its my therapy!!! Well thats what I tell my wife!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2016, 04:42 PM   #1
gazza69696969
Noobie
Local Time: 12:44 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
gazza69696969 is a NOOB
Default Its my therapy!!! Well thats what I tell my wife!!

Hi all, I am new to this streetfighter obsession but not new to changing the look of my Bike.. I am a long term sufferer of Combat PTSD and started sparaying my bike twice a year just to take my mind off things.. Here are my last 2 paint jobs..

Now I have had many a good time in the head down position taing her to the limit where ever I go but due to getting older and having a back injury from when I served in the forces I need to sit up a bit...
So as she runs so good and the money I have spent keeping her in tip top condition on the outside and inside so the only answer is Streetfighter.

I changed the 99 tail for the 2003 as I liked the look..

Then I started polishing every thing as I like the polished alluminum look so here are my wheels

and swingarm + frame

Since those pictures I have polished the reat sets and added oh amd I have polished the side covers as well..and added these..

So as for what next...Relocation the Ohlins steering damper which I have no idea as of yet how to do this Below the headlight (which is on its way..MT-03) I am thinking..Anyone got any tips...

Paint on its way..I am lucky to have a big garage so I have my own spray booth.. Going for Silver metalic course with either Candy apple red over the top or a deeper red Candy..I have plans to do some Ghost graphics under the red as well..

I shall add things here as I go along..

I know I will be back asking for really daft advice so I will apologise now in advance..Some days/weeks my brain just does not work how it should...

Oh by the way I am in the UK so if you dont understand the shit we speak over here Just let me know and I will translate.. Cheers for now..
gazza69696969 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2016, 05:12 PM   #2
yantosh

I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 19 Times in 17 Posts
yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!yantosh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Its my therapy!!! Well thats what I tell my wife!!

reckon you'll be understood mate, nice polishing
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2016, 05:39 PM   #3
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:44 AM
Flip Offs: 597
Flipped Off 1,312 Times in 704 Posts
ROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robboROBBO must be robbo
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Wotcher matey,nice bling fer sure !Moar Brits tha merrier eh

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ROBBO!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2016, 07:19 PM   #4
caferacerdan
GURU
CF Lover
caferacerdan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

welcome dude! loving the bike so far! Im hopefully picking one of these up in the next few weeks to fighter! how easy was the tail plastic swap?

If brute force and ignorance doesn't work...then it must be broken

2017 BUILDOFF

Bike Build: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=126625

Discussion Thread: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=126633
caferacerdan is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2016, 08:21 PM   #5
gazza69696969
Noobie
gazza69696969 is a NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by caferacerdan View Post
welcome dude! loving the bike so far! Im hopefully picking one of these up in the next few weeks to fighter! how easy was the tail plastic swap?
It was not that dificult , I have teken my Medication so am a bit stoned so will reply with what you need and how to do it tomorrow.. Hardest part was fitting the passenger seat cowl and it did not line up. If you use a singer race pattern seat you would not have the hole fore the rear light so you weould either have to buy after market rear light to fit on undertail. or cut your own hole for the light assemply.

You will also require a 02-03
battery box and do some cutting..The end battery box for the light needs cutting about 9 or 10 inches and you then need to join the new bit to your the old plastick weld small nuts and bolts or rivits... You need it the correct length so the rear light sits correctly. Bit of a trial and error on that one but finally joined them..used cable ties to get it right first then in with the rivets.

I will post pics tomorrow for you, Just to give you an idea.
gazza69696969 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived gazza69696969!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2016, 10:47 PM   #6
nolove
Fighter In Training
nolove's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:44 AM
nolove is a NOOB

Great work, I like where this is going
nolove is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived nolove!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-18-2016, 01:52 PM   #7
gazza69696969
Noobie
gazza69696969 is a NOOB

Todays activity...

These people High Fived gazza69696969!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #8
gazza69696969
Noobie
gazza69696969 is a NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza69696969 View Post
It was not that dificult , I have teken my Medication so am a bit stoned so will reply with what you need and how to do it tomorrow.. Hardest part was fitting the passenger seat cowl and it did not line up. If you use a singer race pattern seat you would not have the hole fore the rear light so you weould either have to buy after market rear light to fit on undertail. or cut your own hole for the light assemply.

You will also require a 02-03
battery box and do some cutting..The end battery box for the light needs cutting about 9 or 10 inches and you then need to join the new bit to your the old plastick weld small nuts and bolts or rivits... You need it the correct length so the rear light sits correctly. Bit of a trial and error on that one but finally joined them..used cable ties to get it right first then in with the rivets.

I will post pics tomorrow for you, Just to give you an idea.
Could not find the pics I took when I did it so here is something I found helpful when I did it..

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/10-ap...n-00-01-a.html
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-19-2016, 05:01 AM   #9
Notyetafighter
Fighterer
Local Time: 10:14 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Notyetafighter is a name known to allNotyetafighter is a name known to allNotyetafighter is a name known to allNotyetafighter is a name known to allNotyetafighter is a name known to allNotyetafighter is a name known to allNotyetafighter is a name known to allNotyetafighter is a name known to allNotyetafighter is a name known to allNotyetafighter is a name known to allNotyetafighter is a name known to all

As a fellow PTSD sufferer......
Keeping my mind occupied has been massively helpful with keeping my sh!t together.

Look forward to seeing the next incarnation of your bike mate.
Notyetafighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Notyetafighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-19-2016, 09:40 AM   #10
jmartin1110
The Hell You Say!!

CF Pimp
jmartin1110's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:44 AM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 11 Times in 8 Posts
jmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notyetafighter View Post
As a fellow PTSD sufferer......
Keeping my mind occupied has been massively helpful with keeping my sh!t together.

Look forward to seeing the next incarnation of your bike mate.

X2. That's the whole reason I started building bikes. I found that the busier my hands were the more I could relax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1981 Honda SS Build
KZ1000 Discussion Thread
KZ1000 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJellyFingers View Post
u gonna look so sexy naked.... I would say no homo, but totally homo since that that sentence can't not be homo
jmartin1110 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes