Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

KWIKASFAKI

Tags
kickass
525K views 732 replies 198 participants last post by  Bandit1052 
#1 ·
Hi Kids, this is going to be project KWIKASFAKI.

I'm starting this thread early as I need a gsxr 400 GK76 bottom yoke to send to Billetbikebits as they need the dimensions to make me a set of these yokes

So if anyone has a gsxr400 gk76a bottom yoke or knows a person that does could I borrow it please in the UK?

As for the other parts for the project I already have:

Kawasaki ex-drag bike H2 750 triple motor
gsxr400 gk76a frame
gsxr USD forks

See less See more
#37 ·
Thought I'd make a start on the rolling chassis, there are two problems to get round:

1, the rear wheel is off a gsxr 1100 that uses a 20mm axle, the swing arm is off a YZF R6 that uses a 30mm axle, I'll need to make reducing bushes to fit the chain adjusters

2, the R6 swing arm is 25mm wider than the gsxr 400 frame, this will need a lot of fabrication, I intend to cut the pivot section off the R6 arm and weld on a gsxr 400 swing arm pivot section (I got a gsxr 400 swing arm with the frame)

The Kwaka 750 engine is a simple fit in the gsxr frame, just a few mounts to weld on.

#42 ·
I was going to use the Aprilia arm but I would have to buy all the Aprilia linkages and a rear shock!, I bid on the R6 arm and won it for £60 with all the linkages and new rear shock so the R6 swinger is going in, LOL

#61 ·
Right, time to get this built.

I made the reducing bushes for the R6 swing arm

The forks are back from FireFox racing full rebuilt with Ohlins internals, re-valved and anodised etc etc

I got Brembo calipers, just need two adapter plates to mount the on.

Now I wasn't sure how to build this but I've thought for some time and decided to go with no light, no clocks or anything electrical, I had this box made in the states to control the engine ignition etc so this is the wiring loom/harness

Looking good already, lol just need to get the swing arm in the frame then it easy from there.

#65 ·
Is this gonna be a streetbike? I hope terribly so it will be, or I'll have to jump on a plane just to kick you in the crotch
No crotch kicking necessary, it's going to be a streetbike fighter BUT I'm going to see how naked I can get it, IE use as little parts as possible, we have a thing called an MOT in the UK it's like a certificate for road worthiness, there are to kinds:

Full MOT, lights, indicators, reflector etc

Daylight MOT, no lights, indicators or anything.

So with a daylight MOT the bike won't need any wiring loom and as I had the magic box made for the engine management it don't need a battery either.

Reactions: n0regret5
#74 ·
I've spent the last two weeks working out how to fit the R6 swing arm in to the GSXR 400 frame, it's a little more of a challenge than I first thought, this has to be done right or the end build could turn out a disaster!

The plan was to cut the pivot section off the R6 swing arm and weld on a pivot section from a gsxr 400 swing arm, this seamed the easiest option BUT would have caused chain clearance issues etc.

This is the R6 swing arm pivot spindle

The large threaded section is the same as the gsxr 400 frame thread so It'll screw in to the frame ok, what I'll do is machine 10mm off each side of the inner frame so the swinger fits in, the R6 spindle is too long so I'll cut the end off and re-thread inside the spindle and use a bolt instead of a nut, the other end of the spindle will be trimmed to sit just inside the frame recess, sounds complicated but it'll work well.

The only problem is removing the 10mm of alloy from inside the frame to slide the swing arm in as it'll have to be done by hand, I'll make up a jig so each side is cut true.

My head hurts :doh: :nuts:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.