Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
35K views 165 replies 47 participants last post by  brockzila 
#1 ·
NOV 1ST 2009 - MAY 26TH 2010

Threads should be titled with Your name, bike and project title (if you have one) for example: 929_Adams CBR 929 - Darkness

All entrants MUST post pictures showing the bike in its starting condition with legitimate proof of date - Newspaper is preferrable.

Only the work done to the bike from the starting point till the final date will be judged. So any mods you already have will NOT be considered as part of your work done (however may still contribute to the final product of your bike so dont feel bad if you've already started).

We ask that everyone keep an updated log of their build process, documenting the modifications and processes along the way.

Please keep a running list of parts used and cost, including the bike, to create a cost list for the final post.

First posts cannot be made before Nov 1st 2009. Final posts must be made BEFORE 12 am May 27th at the very latest. We also want a quick video showing that the bike runs! Include pics of the final bike, PLEASE, take the bike out of the garage and snap a couple decent photos for us.

The finished bikes will be submitted to a panel of Fighter Experts for the Pro's Choice award and posted up on the site with a poll for the People's Choice award!

Winners will also be printed in Custom Fighters Magazine(as you'll see in issue #4 - 09's winners will be featured). And we will put together a prize pack for the winners, including VIPs, sticks, shirts, and more.

Depending on how many entries/finalists we have we may break into a couple categories, probably by price bracket, so if you're building a budget fighter dont be intimidated. Likewise for those building high dollar bikes.

See less See more
#4 ·
no... we ride in the summer.

#7 ·
You have two weeks to get said bike if you want to start on the first day. We will count you in when we see your build thread and build discussion thread.

#10 ·
yeah, same sentiments here...except this will only be the 2nd year with this bike, but better working conditions...full size double garage!!woot!!

Reactions: 929_adam
#15 · (Edited)
You need to take a picture with today's date on preferably a newspaper to verify the date, on the bike, so we know what stage the bike was in when you started. Make sure you have a buildoff thread, and a buildoff discussion thread.

See original post.

#19 ·
Oh oh oh man..........I think I can pull this off. 5 months to build a bike? Surely I can do this. Its tough running massive hours and training like a freak but I really think this is a possibility.

We shall see in a couple weeks if I cant start doing some dirty work.

#21 ·
Of course. You could enter with nothing more than 1 clip-on. First post would say, trade that clip on for dirty bars. But yeah, you can. I have a bike and some parts, but no engine yet.

#23 ·
Not to be a dick, but it is the Streetfighter buildoff. Sure, I think you can enter. You will probably get flamed, neg repped, beaten, scolded, spit on, called names, pushed around, yelled at, and have a flaming bag of dog shit left on your doorstep but go ahead, enter a full-faired bike into the buildoff :) just don't say I didn't warn you...

#24 ·
Haha, fully expect it if I do. I just figure that most ppl here will be able to appreciate the work I'm putting into it.... Streetfighters are to follow, just the plans I have for this bike are full fairing.

I'm sure i can cope with the hounding...doesn't sound any worse than my high school years!

#27 ·
Haha, Don't worry...tis only the Internet lol. Tis true, I have plans for a couple of different fighter idea's, waiting for the right donor bike to come up at the right price.
I'm pretty non-discriminate when it comes to bikes, my interest stems from the ingenuity and engineering surrounding bikes, particularly those that have been built for a specific purpose or customized from their original design. I see beauty in engineering. I don't beleive in form over function or function over form....function is form.... I know there will always be purists, but the more I look at the different facets of motorcycling the more I see the boundaries being blurred between what is what. For example look at Showyomoto's latest creation. With the rad shrouds and belly pan there is very little from it almost having "fairings" down the side.
Thats my opinion and I know not everyone will agree...but like I said it's the internet!

#38 ·
You better believe it is! I mean I know there are other companies.... such as honda and yamaha, but I don't how it happens that what they produce gets called, a MOTORCYCLE!

COWASOCKEE FTW!!!! bwahahahaha

(now lets see how badly I get flamed :D )

#40 ·
i have yet to finish a buildoff, and i think ill actually do it this time..

Reactions: ROBBO and 929_adam
#42 ·
G'day all been a while since i have been on this site,:-(

i would like to have a go at this, but it will depend on time and money, so might only get half of it done in the time alloted but if you dont have a go you will not get any where,

i am in Australia so hopefully i will be able to put in a good show of it.

any way i guess i will now wait till november 1 and take some photos etc etc.

Cheers Clive

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.