Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Piester's 08 fireblade build Project Switchblade

11K views 74 replies 21 participants last post by  piester 
#1 ·
might as well start this. ended up with a mint 08 cbr 1000rr after selling my hayabusa. got a bit inebriated and put a stupid low max bid in on the blade. next morning after i realized i won i decided to check the bike out. looked pretty nice and i liked the colors so whatever. owner delivered it to me a few hours later and here we are.

first thing i did was cut the stock exhaust open and removed the cat and a crossover tube. gives it a nice sound and doesnt need to be remapped which is nice. seems this gen and newer needs some fancy S midpipe to keep back pressure. good enough for now

and out

and welded, shittily, this stuff liked to burn through

bottom of the new top triple

and top

and then all its clothes fell off

risers and fat bars

inside of the airbox. secondary injectors are inside pointing into the v stacks

pair delete. other shit getting deleted.

stock throttle and clutch cables fit. r1 throttle tube installed too. now i can hit full throttle with my shitty wrist!!!!

that brings us mostly up to date. did a bit of wiring on the front. still have a bit more to go.

See less See more
#6 ·
Re: Piester's 08 fireblade build

modern sportsbikes look sooo much better naked! come to think about it so does just about every bike!

#7 ·
Got some more done. Mounted the gauge cluster. Replaced the brake resi. Put some braided lines on. Some levers. And had to take the the tail and subframe apart just to remove the pssenger pegs. So I made some brackets to quickly remove them without having to do that shit again. Oh put a mini air horn on too
Oh. I found a switchblade inside the bike while I was taking it apart. That has to be a good sign. That pics down there somewhere.

And then my phone died. I'll get more pics later probably.

#8 ·
Re: Piester's 08 fireblade build

#14 ·
agreed. unfortunately on the 08 and up fireblades you lose a lot of back pressure and get a huge flat spot down low and in the mid range when you remove the stock can. unless you use this S midpipe. rode it with the stock can and with a small slipon without the S midpipe and it was much stronger with the stock can. so until i find a slipon i want the exhaust will stay. especially since it sounds pretty good now haha.

#22 ·
Got all the stuff I needed to use the mt03 headlight on the blade. 5 prong relay, relay socket, headlight plug, and the other side of the factory headlight plug.

Headlight uses an h4 bulb. So the factory low beam powers the relay. The high beam triggers it. One ground goes to the new headlight. And one goes to the relay. And the high and low leads from the relay go to he new headlight. Obviously.

Taped up. And used some of that corrugated stuff to protect some of the solder points.

Lowered the headlight a half inch. And aimed it a bit higher. I'll get better pictures tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.