FSLFlint Does Work!! - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > CF Members Streetfighter Build For Charity
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

CF Members Streetfighter Build For Charity Members of CustomFighters.com will work together to build a streetfighter that will be raffled off, and the money donated to charity!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > FSLFlint Does Work!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #21
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:33 AM
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: FSLFlint Does Work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ View Post
Very cool. I always have wondered this when I see stuff like that...the bottom excess piece( I assume what is used to hold it in the mill)....how do you get rid of that cleanly? Flip the part over and mill it off??
yup.

Quote:
Gavin, I know you are in heaven. Please don't modify it too much!
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #22
929_adam
5 years in BOP 4 class D
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:33 AM
Flip Offs: 493
Flipped Off 165 Times in 131 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

so the dood at the p.coaters was concerned about how much room is inside the trips when sliding the forks in.

he wanted to make them look really good which would require the p.coat and a gloss coat...which would add a hundreth" i believe he said.

when i told him we were having triples machined, he said PERFECT i'll mic them for you when theyre done and you can mill out a perfect size for them.

that cool with you flint??

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
customfighters.com streetfighter forum

FOH CYCLE FAB
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #23
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of

WHOA!!!!

We are not powdercoating these remember. Cool for flints future jobs but don't get him confudled now, lol.
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #24
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapyard View Post
WHOA!!!!

We are not powdercoating these remember. Cool for flints future jobs but don't get him confudled now, lol.

dude, you're the confused one right now. adams talkin about the fork tubes. not the triples

adam I'm gonna need those numbers ASAP. in fact it might be to late. shit shit shit shit. I had chulada workin on the lock rings, he said he might be cuttin them yesterday. I only left five thou on there for clearance. lets hope he didn't get that far yet

Quote:
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2008, 06:01 PM   #25
your Voodoo Daddy
Hooligan+Fighter= Bad@ss
CF Pimp
your Voodoo Daddy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:33 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
your Voodoo Daddy is a glorious beacon of lightyour Voodoo Daddy is a glorious beacon of lightyour Voodoo Daddy is a glorious beacon of lightyour Voodoo Daddy is a glorious beacon of lightyour Voodoo Daddy is a glorious beacon of lightyour Voodoo Daddy is a glorious beacon of lightyour Voodoo Daddy is a glorious beacon of lightyour Voodoo Daddy is a glorious beacon of lightyour Voodoo Daddy is a glorious beacon of lightyour Voodoo Daddy is a glorious beacon of lightyour Voodoo Daddy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 929_adam View Post
so the dood at the p.coaters was concerned about how much room is inside the trips when sliding the forks in.

he wanted to make them look really good which would require the p.coat and a gloss coat...which would add a hundreth" i believe he said.

when i told him we were having triples machined, he said PERFECT i'll mic them for you when theyre done and you can mill out a perfect size for them.

that cool with you flint??
Yep, I'm getting my forks sent out for paint (NOT powdercoat) as of tomorrow. I'm getting the triples powdercoated later this summer.
I was told the lower part of my USD forks could be damaged during the baking process of powder coating... And you might have clearance issues on the upper part of the forks once you tried putting the triples back on. They recommended paint instead for the forks. All you would need to do is sand the length of where the upper triple would go if there was an issue of it fitting properly..

Hey fslflint, those triples are lookin' good...

Man this charity bike is gonna be THE BIKE for 2008....

Ya'll might as well give this bike the FOTY award right now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODDITY View Post
there is only one
your Voodoo Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2008, 07:59 PM   #26
-Chulada-
Rat Fighter
Senior Fighterer
-Chulada-'s Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light

Not to worry guys I haven't got to the rings. A friend of mine got hit on his GSXR by a drunk driver on Saturday so i spent the night at the hospital. So as soon as Flint gets the info from adam and the powder coaters we can pow-wow and work the numbers
-Chulada- is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2008, 08:03 PM   #27
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Chulada- View Post
Not to worry guys I haven't got to the rings. A friend of mine got hit on his GSXR by a drunk driver on Saturday so i spent the night at the hospital. So as soon as Flint gets the info from adam and the powder coaters we can pow-wow and work the numbers

sorry to hear about you buddy

we'll get these rings figured out ASAP

and everybody rep chulada, he is doin quite a bit of cnc lathe work for me its cuttin down on my workload so we can get these done quicker. HUGE ups to him

Quote:
RIP brother

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #28
-Chulada-
Rat Fighter
Senior Fighterer
-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light-Chulada- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fslflint View Post
sorry to hear about you buddy

we'll get these rings figured out ASAP

and everybody rep chulada, he is doin quite a bit of cnc lathe work for me its cuttin down on my workload so we can get these done quicker. HUGE ups to him

thanks for your support.
it always shitty when someone goes down. And going down to a fucking DRUNK DRIVER to boot. thankfully he is going to pull through.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2008, 10:04 PM   #29
-Chulada-
Rat Fighter
Senior Fighterer

here are the rings that will clamp the forks inside the triple

the red lines represent the triple. the purple rings are the rings the clamp on the forks and the green rings will distribute force to the triple. their will be 4 fork rings and 3 triple rings in the lower and the upper will have 3 fork rings and 2 triple rings. an additional small spacer will be added on top to ensure enough travel in the locknut to produce full clamping force.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-16-2008, 10:30 PM   #30
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC

that looks great

Quote:
RIP brother

Quote:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > CF Members Streetfighter Build For Charity