Is Smoking Permitted? - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Is Smoking Permitted?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
Smoker
BLACK BELT

CF Pimp
Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:34 PM
Flip Offs: 20
Flipped Off 7 Times in 7 Posts
Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Is Smoking Permitted?

Just found this website and love the bikes and custom mods!

I'm working on a custom streetfighter, but not sure if you guys are into smokers around here.

I would appreciate any advice or tips on modding you guys can provide. I've made a lot of progress, but still have a long way to go.

The bike is a 1985 Yamaha RZ350, but there won't be much left of the original bike left when I'm done.

I'll post some pics of my build to get you guys caught up to where I am now.

Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
Smoker
BLACK BELT

CF Pimp
Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Is Smoking Permitted?

Got some 2007 GSXR600 Front Forks:

2007 GSXR600 Lower Triple Tree, Steering Damper and Front axle:

These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
Smoker
BLACK BELT

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntninja View Post
Shit yeah. You got any pics of say the entire bike?

By the way great first post!
Thanks!

I'll try to find a full bike shot.

I got some magnesium wheels to save weight:

I took this drawing of a 2001 R1 Rear Wheel and modified it to remove the swingarm offset, and set the sprocket to give 5mm chain-to-frame clearance and 5mm chain-to-tire clearance.

Hope my calculations are close, I've never done this before!
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #4
Smoker
BLACK BELT

CF Pimp

Don't know if you guys have seen one of these, but it's great for pulling the lower bearing race off the lower triple. Then it's just a matter of pressing the RZ bearings onto the GSXR stem, and making a custom spacer for the difference in stem height.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #5
Smoker
BLACK BELT

CF Pimp

More front end conversion parts.

YanaShiki '07 GSXR600 Top Clamp:

LSL Fatbar Clamps for 1 1/8 inch handlebars. This model is for an FZ1:

I want the bars to be rubber-mounted, so I ordered parts from an FZ-1 for the top clamp (#12, 21, 22, 23, 24).

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 01:28 PM   #6
Smoker
BLACK BELT

CF Pimp

Ridiculous list of doodads and whatnots that I ordered.

2 of 92907-10200-00 - WASHER, PLAIN
2 of 5YU-23445-00-00 - DAMPER
2 of 5A8-23434-01-00 - HOLDER, DAMPER (3VD-23434-00-00)
2 of 90201-100A1-00 - WASHER, PLATE (90201-10141-00)
1 of 29L-12481-00-00 - PIPE 1
1 of 29L-12482-00-00 - PIPE 2
1 of 4L0-12484-00-00 - PIPE 4
1 of 29L-12483-00-00 - PIPE 3
1 of 3XV-12435-00-00 - GASKET
1 of 93210-16314-00 - O-RING
2 of 90480-15363-00 - GROMMET
1 of 90480-16284-00 - GROMMET
1 of 29L-12411-00-00 - THERMOSTAT
4 of 4L0-21485-00-00 - DAMPER, RUBBER 1
1 of 90105-10053-00 - BOLT, WASHER BASED
1 of 90105-10040-00 - BOLT, WASHER BASED
2 of 2GU-15316-00-00 - DAMPER, ENGINE MOUNT 1
2 of 2GU-15326-00-00 - DAMPER, ENG MOUNT 2 (4L0-15326-00-00)
2 of 2YK-15328-00-00 - SPACER, DAMPER (4L0-15328-00)
2 of 583-15371-00-00 - BREATHER
1 of 4F4-14766-00-00 - GASKET, DRAIN (137-15353-00-00)
1 of 3GG-12428-01-00 - GASKET, HOUSING COVER 2 (3GG-12428-00-00)
1 of 93306-30003-00 - BEARING (B6300Z)
1 of 93103-10168-00 - OIL SEAL
1 of 93603-22028-00 - PIN, DOWEL
1 of 3GG-15461-02-00 - GASKET, CRANKCASE COVER 2 (3GG-15461-00-00)
1 of 29L-21870-00-00 - RECOVERY TANK ASSY
1 of 1AA-21815-00-00 - CAP (4L0-21815-01-00)
1 of 33E-82566-00-00 - SWITCH, SIDE STAND
1 of 93210-12790-00 - O-RING
2 of 90109-10473-00 - BOLT (90109-10590-00)
1 of 29L-21629-01-00 - GUARD, MUD
1 of 31A-24760-00-00 - SEAT LEVER ASSY
1 of 29L-24705-00-00 - SEAT LOCK ASSY
1 of 29L-24728-00-00 - BRACKET, SEAT
Turns out I won't be needing a lot of these parts because I've changed to custom stuff.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 01:37 PM   #7
Smoker
BLACK BELT

CF Pimp

Steering stem bearings and seals.
I.D. = GSXR
O.D. = RZ

My idea for the custom spacer:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 01:45 PM   #8
Smoker
BLACK BELT

CF Pimp

Test fitting the parts:

New steering stops and a new fork lock will need to be made and welded to the head.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 02:02 PM   #9
Smoker
BLACK BELT

CF Pimp

Polished to match the YanaShiki top clamp:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #10
Smoker
BLACK BELT

CF Pimp

Custom spacer for mounting the LSL handlebar clamps on the YanaShiki top clamp:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes