Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

ITS ALIVE....

22K views 67 replies 26 participants last post by  GDogg007 
#1 ·
I spent a good part of this evening getting my wiring figured out and getting everything in order.

First try I put the tank on (not attached) and give her gas and choke her turns over but don't wanna stay running. Take tank off and find out a line is clogged. Take everything apart clean everything and try again.

Second try she RUNS. It was so beautiful. 2 years of waiting and working and waiting and working. It don't idle without the choke but thats the next chore. I am gonna take her in to the shop and let them go over the full thing. They have the tools I don't.

2 years of hoping and the Katfighter is so close to the road I can smell it. (That may the gas fumes.) I just want to say this is prolly the greatest feeling anyone could feel.

#4 ·
So I put a gallon of 93 octane and a full 10 gallon worth of cleaner in with it. :D I ran her then let her sit for a few hours. When I went back she burned off the last of the crud. Now its runnin like a beast.

The best news still...... I put the chain on today and rode it down the street. I had neighbors on bikes comin outta every nook and cranny. It sounds very different cause I have the full Yoshi system and took the wadding outta the can. That and I don't have my headlight attached yet so its open forks with the gauges sitting on the tank. (They will be staying there.) After fiddling with the clutch and stalling a few times. I ripped her open and took off. Didn't leave the neighborhood but just let her go. I was shaking so bad at first cause of the excitement and the fear it was gonna fall apart. LOL

Tomorrow when I have light again I am gonna see how my adjustments worked out. We did some tweaks on the clutch and a lil more on the throttle. This thing may hit the road before my birthday which would so rock.

#8 ·
I did some tweaking and some tuning. I ripped her half throttle in 3rd and she was doin 90. (Or at least thats what the VTX riding beside me was doin.) Gotta love havin the roomie to pace me. I am about to go to the garage and snap some shots of my "*******" temp light work. But she's nearly "street" legal.

I hadn't ridden anything but dirt in the past almost 15 years. But I felt right at home by the time I had gotten down the road and cruising. We have an unfinished subdivision that I can go play in so I got quarter mile straights to throw it down on with no worries of people/cars.

Another update to this thread in about 15 when I get the pics snapped.

#9 ·
Okay here are the pictures as promised.

Zip Tied 93 Ninja Headlight (Temporary)

My horn stashed.

The tail light mounting. (I got creative.)

The tail light from the side. Oh and the signals.

The gauges taped down to the tank.

The Dummy lights.

Full frontal nudity. LOL

#12 ·
IF I can get the speedo cable to reach I am gonna glass em to the tank. Right now I am tryin to figure out the exact spot and all that cause the current location is completely blocked when I am at speed.

I just finished mounting my new headlight package on the front (zip ties again.) after fabbing a plug to plug it into the factory headlight clip.

I took it for a small ride and everyone was right. I gotta get some brighter bulbs for that light set up but it does work. Also found out that my rear left blinker has a blown bulb. But aside from that I am street legal.

#13 ·
zip ties FTW :rock:. congrats and cant wait to see those gauges glassed. good job.

#14 ·
Thank you Adam for movin this over here. Since I got the sucker runnin I caint stop workin on it. Everytime I do anything I have to take it and ride it down the street and back.

Blurry pic of my chain guard with the new license plate bracket.
I made this bracket to mount next to the chain guard then took the old front flush mount turn signal and adapted it to light my future plate.

Close up of my beautiful L bracket and the flatened out L bracket extension.

The front side view.

Pic of the new headlight setup again zip tied to the forks till I can get the brackets for mounting it.

And for good measure I turned it on.

I stole the tag bracket off the Ninja project. I ran the wires for the light along the swingarm and up the frame for now. This is all more of a proof of concept than a permanent fixture. IF I had any way to do mirrors right now I would but sadly the ones off the Ninja are HUGE and I want somethin a lil smaller.

I will prolly add more later tonight as I am on the clock at work but its a very slow night so I will WORK on my bike. LOL

#15 ·
Lookin good man. Glad to hear all the excitement. Im looking forward to that day. Hopefully it comes up in the next month or so. Congrats, keep it coming!

#16 ·
This is it for tonight. The woman wants me to spend some time away from the mistress.

So I couldn't stand havin my gauges just hangin there. So I did somethin about it.

I had an empty kitty litter bucket.

I turned it into a pod holder. It works really well. I took it for a nice lil test run and everything rode very well.

I am still thinking tank mount will look good but I may leave em in the current location as they are alot easier to see when riding. So far everything is working extremely well. I have to do some minor work on the connectors I made for the factory headlight plug. But nothing major.

#18 ·
ha ha. easy, fast, and cheap. sounds perfect.
oh and the fact that it works well is nice too

#17 ·
So thanks to ZIG'S B4 I got me an SV fender. The bracket didn't fit "perfect" but hey its a street fighter. I made it fit.

Before the grinding.

Preparing to remove some metal.

Removing some metal.

The sexiest thing ya ever did see. Yes the wooden mallet is there for gentle persuasion of the bracket.

Closeup of my bracket SNUGLY fit in between the forks. No screws required this thing aint goin no where.

Rode it 14 miles today too. Nothing failed. Everything was very smooth. Need to adjust the clutch a very small tweak and the idle a very small tweak. It definitely needs to have the carbs synced and all that good stuff. But its a champ.

#21 ·
LOL Well I aint adding anymore colors. I will prolly be taking the rear wheel off and spraying it soon. But the tank was red the fender was yellow so I just left em that way and gave them some attitude.

I figured the flat black with a gloss clear over it would help to hide the big blemish's on the tank.

#23 ·
Oh man it don't run bad anymore. Its runnin great. Hell its got more power than it needs. I ditched that box and went with the K&N Pods with the DynoJet jet kit. Had it tuned in the shop and they did some great work.

#24 ·
HMMM! now what to do with those extra jets, extra tank, and oh yeah.....THE ZX600 on the side of the house. I say lets rip the wheel off DW, get the tail DW again, finish the crash cage and get the not-janinja-nemore on the blocks and DW again. :p Looking forward to finishing the kat and raisin some hell.

Damn fighter builders and there addictive nature....... Im hooked after helping with this build. Lookin forward to many more days of DW'n.
:knucks:

#26 ·
We got my tail all done up last night. Thanks O1SV for hookin me up with a killer deal.

Its not perfect yet but its gettin there. It got good reviews today when we took our ride. I love the tail light integrator too. Cleans things up and you can see my tail and turns now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.