Smoker's Custom Motard - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Smoker's Custom Motard

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
Smoker
BLACK BELT

CF Pimp
Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:11 AM
Flip Offs: 20
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Smoker's Custom Motard

Been thinking A LOT about building a custom two-stroke motard.

I've got a nice 1987 RZ350, completely bone stock. I REALLY hate to strip it down to build a custom, but it's probably the best thing to do. It's already registered and plated here in California, so that will avoid a lot of future hassles.

So, now is the time for planning the build. Any ideas you guys may have would be much appreciated. I'll post up my ideas, and will get the work started when I feel comfortable with the design.

I want to use the existing RZ350 frame and engine, beyond that - it's wide open!! Soon, I'll post pics of the bike as it is now.

Here is a custom motard built with the same engine and frame:

Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:11 PM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Default Re: Smoker's Custom Motard

Well that's cool. I like the way you think bud . So are you looking to run the dirtbike plastics and all that as well?
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
Greencheezeeta
Cheesus loves you

CF Pimp
Greencheezeeta's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:11 AM
Flip Offs: 42
Flipped Off 3 Times in 2 Posts
Greencheezeeta is a splendid one to beholdGreencheezeeta is a splendid one to beholdGreencheezeeta is a splendid one to beholdGreencheezeeta is a splendid one to beholdGreencheezeeta is a splendid one to beholdGreencheezeeta is a splendid one to beholdGreencheezeeta is a splendid one to beholdGreencheezeeta is a splendid one to beholdGreencheezeeta is a splendid one to beholdGreencheezeeta is a splendid one to beholdGreencheezeeta is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Smoker's Custom Motard

^ Good question. Thats a really cool bike.

Greencheezeeta is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
Houseoffubar
GixxaBandit12
Fighterer
Houseoffubar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:11 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Houseoffubar is making some friendsHouseoffubar is making some friendsHouseoffubar is making some friendsHouseoffubar is making some friendsHouseoffubar is making some friends

Looks Bad Ass, I question the chain angle , over the pivot. In the one picture, it does not look good. Love this bike though!

Whats the worst that can happen?
Houseoffubar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #5
spyder
Buy all my shit!

spyder's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 22 Times in 21 Posts
spyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant future

Like your not spending enough money on the street smoker lol, jesus man I want your credit line
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived spyder!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #6
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
Like your not spending enough money on the street smoker lol, jesus man I want your credit line
So do I. Then I wouldn't have to pay it back,
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2009, 10:37 PM   #7
up2L8
Ridin' Dirty
up2L8's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 298
Flipped Off 90 Times in 54 Posts
up2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond repute

I am a Huge fan of this idea. Please run dirtbike plastics like the bike in the pic. That would be really cool. DO IT.

ZX6R Streetfighter, sold to brother, on hold while away with military

KXF300exc Dirtfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift1313 View Post
Everyone knows dirt riders make the best street riders. If you aint slidin, you aint ridin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michjohnny View Post
ground up build. there will be alota blood sweat and beers in this one .
up2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-27-2009, 12:00 AM   #8
929_adam
5 years in BOP 4 class D
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 493
Flipped Off 165 Times in 131 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

i dont know about plastics....what about metals?? or fibers??

FUCK YES!!!!

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
customfighters.com streetfighter forum

FOH CYCLE FAB
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-27-2009, 12:15 AM   #9
Smoker
BLACK BELT

CF Pimp
Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:11 AM
Flip Offs: 20
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Smoker is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapyard View Post
Well that's cool. I like the way you think bud . So are you looking to run the dirtbike plastics and all that as well?
Still up in the air.... For the moment (haven't considered bodywork, yet) I'd like to go with the tank, seat and radiator cowl like in the following pic. I really like how the radiator cowl works with the engine shape, and the position of the fuel tank is crazy.

I would rather run a low front fender like the dual-sport style:

If I could chop the rear fender and chop the number plate (to fit the mufflers on the incline), that would be okay, but it also needs a place to mount a plate, so a custom tail is probably necessary.

I wouldn't run any factory stickers. I would have my own nasty ones made.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-27-2009, 12:18 AM   #10
catatonic
WTF is a motorcycle?
CF Pimp
catatonic's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 78 Times in 73 Posts
catatonic is a name known to allcatatonic is a name known to allcatatonic is a name known to allcatatonic is a name known to allcatatonic is a name known to allcatatonic is a name known to allcatatonic is a name known to allcatatonic is a name known to allcatatonic is a name known to allcatatonic is a name known to allcatatonic is a name known to all

Nice ride man, you suck for making me want to pick up a motard though.
catatonic is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes