VFR Swingarm into KZ1000 - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > DIY
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

DIY A how to section for the members, by the members!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > VFR Swingarm into KZ1000

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #11
CBRRRT
Stinky Crusty Old Bastard
CF Addict
CBRRRT's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:34 PM
Flip Offs: 15
Flipped Off 6 Times in 5 Posts
CBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: VFR Swingarm into KZ1000

Hi Matey boy,

Dont know if you can help me with this question but I fitted a 96 VFR SSSA in my 96 Blade.

I want to fit a Honda Civic car wheel on to it so I can fit a 200 section back tyre and I know I need a 4 x 100 17" wheel.

I have seen wheels with different off sets, for example 40mm, and I know I have to fit spacers and longer studs to accomodate the off set.

I have no idea what size spacers I need, but if I knew how to work out what the off set on my 1993 VFR 17 x 5.5J rear wheel was I could maybe work out the spacer issue.

Regards,

Jonathan.
CBRRRT is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #12
dinosaurs
Honda Astrea Grand 100cc
Noobie
Local Time: 05:34 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
dinosaurs is a NOOB

very nice post,
but I have a very stupid question:

Is it possible to use this kind of swingarm upside-down?
(like for a bike with the chain on the right side)
dinosaurs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #13
Candyman
Perpetual Project

CF Pimp
Candyman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:34 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Candyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to allCandyman is a name known to all

You could, but you would have to weld on new shock linkage mounts because the arm would be upside down. Not imposible, just find a good TIG welder.

Great thread.

Built Not Bought

The project never ends...

My B12 Build: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...=Candymans+B12
R6 Build: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=51178

My Fighters:
98 Bandit 1200 - 05 ZZR 600(for sale) - 89 Ninja 250 - 84 GS750E-with Hack
Candyman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #14
rynak
Fighter
rynak's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:34 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
rynak is a glorious beacon of lightrynak is a glorious beacon of lightrynak is a glorious beacon of lightrynak is a glorious beacon of lightrynak is a glorious beacon of lightrynak is a glorious beacon of lightrynak is a glorious beacon of lightrynak is a glorious beacon of lightrynak is a glorious beacon of lightrynak is a glorious beacon of lightrynak is a glorious beacon of light

I just cant find the pics. I try to make SSSA my bike and is very good post.
With the pics I think is more helpful !!!
rynak is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived rynak!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #15
Cruisingram
Frankenbike builder
Fighterer
Local Time: 02:34 PM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 13 Times in 5 Posts
Cruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of lightCruisingram is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
Ok, if you could follow me this far here is the final step. Making the new shock mounts.

Its important to make sure you have the bike blocked in the exact position you would like the bike to to sit with the suspension uncompressed. Now attach whatever rear shock you plan on using. The VFR shock is ok. I used one off an 03 CBR600RR its a very close fit but the shock itself is a bit shorter and much more adjustable in terms dampening. Its really up to where you want to make you suspension mounting points, just make sure they wont interfere with the operation or removal of any other parts.

I made an upper mount using a piece of square tube running under the seats frame tubes and some plate.

The the lower mount was also made using some plate.

Hopefully this is helpful. If you have any questions or see areas where this log could be improved let me know.
This is an old but valuable thread- can someone re post the pics that were here? They seem to have left the thread on their own!
Cruisingram is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > DIY