DIY, Homemade Media Blasting Cabinet - Page 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > DIY
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

DIY A how to section for the members, by the members!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > DIY, Homemade Media Blasting Cabinet

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2009, 02:11 PM   #11
ab420
Abministrator
ab420's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Flip Offs: 38
Flipped Off 182 Times in 79 Posts
ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: DIY, Homemade Media Blasting Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by up2L8 View Post
It's not even close to that heavy. It's plenty sturdy the way it is. The box itself gives the legs plenty of strength.
I'm just thinking if you start doing big stuff in there (you mentioned your frame) it might get a bit wobbly... and if that thing came down while you were running it, it would get really messy!
ab420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #12
up2L8
Ridin' Dirty
up2L8's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 298
Flipped Off 90 Times in 54 Posts
up2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond repute

I see what you're saying, but I'd be comfortable putting 300 lbs in it the way it is.

ZX6R Streetfighter, sold to brother, on hold while away with military

KXF300exc Dirtfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift1313 View Post
Everyone knows dirt riders make the best street riders. If you aint slidin, you aint ridin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michjohnny View Post
ground up build. there will be alota blood sweat and beers in this one .
up2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #13
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOME

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Flip Offs: 563
Flipped Off 444 Times in 149 Posts
CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!CK 187 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Looks good man. I've been kicking around doing a benchtop model at work from steel. Can you post up the ebay links for the gun and stuff?

SUCK IT
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #14
up2L8
Ridin' Dirty
up2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond reputeup2L8 has a reputation beyond repute

NO prob:

THis is the seller for the gloves, various sizes are available. Look at his other listings.

Gloves

Gun is like this one, lots of sellers offer the same one for similar prices

blasting gun

KXF300exc Dirtfighter

Quote:
Everyone knows dirt riders make the best street riders. If you aint slidin, you aint ridin.
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-11-2009, 02:48 PM   #15
DougZ
All star !!!
DougZ's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 10 Times in 8 Posts
DougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of lightDougZ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by up2L8 View Post
It's not even close to that heavy. It's plenty sturdy the way it is. The box itself gives the legs plenty of strength.
Oh, OK. I just figured since you said it was getting heavy, so you put wheels on it.

2003 Suzuki SV1000s
2010 Yamaha WR250R
DougZ is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-05-2009, 12:52 AM   #16
Daqq
Noobie
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Daqq is a NOOB

Just a thought... Old grill + Dremel + plexiglass = cheaper blasting cabinet
Daqq is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Daqq!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-05-2009, 01:27 AM   #17
up2L8
Ridin' Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daqq View Post
When I was preparing to do this I saw pics of people's media blasters made out of all sorts of stuff. Steel 55gal drums was a common one. I did mine the way I did because I needed it to be a specific size and be able to move it around easily.

KXF300exc Dirtfighter

Quote:
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-05-2009, 09:20 AM   #18
Phoebe
Swamp Witch

Phoebe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Flip Offs: 86
Flipped Off 17 Times in 15 Posts
Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daqq View Post
It would be kind of small, though.
Phoebe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Phoebe!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #19
up2L8
Ridin' Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
It would be kind of small, though.
+1, in a grill you'd barely have room to move both hands around and work. I could easily fit headers, car wheels, etc in mine. My frame will fit actually, I'm just not sure if I'll have the mobility to hit it very well.

KXF300exc Dirtfighter

Quote:
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2009, 01:28 AM   #20
Racing Geek
lb/hp is what it's about!

Racing Geek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 156
Flipped Off 68 Times in 59 Posts
Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Racing Geek is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I'll have to keep this in mind. So the wood does hold up well? I would think at 100psi it would start deteriorating overtime from constant over spray.

2014 Build-off project: GSXR 600 Mutt (don't post in this one)
2014 Build-off discussion: GSXR 600 Mutt
Racing Geek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter News & Info > Streetfighter Info > DIY