Can I store my bike in my apartment - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Beginner Streetfighter Questions This is the place to ask all beginner questions with no fear of being flamed. This section will be HEAVILY MODERATED! Any fighter related question is allowed, no matter how simple!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Can I store my bike in my apartment

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2009, 12:26 PM   #1
clutch
Noobie
Local Time: 09:54 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
clutch is a NOOB
Default Can I store my bike in my apartment

Hey all, I just wanted to know if I could store my bike in my apartment in NYC. I know it's possible and last I checked the laws were that you could not have gas or any other fluids in the vehicle, like oil. Normally I wouldn't give a fuck, but my neighbors are asses so I need to make sure I am on point.

So does anyone know if a vehicle w/o gas or oil can go into an apartment?

Thx
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
supermatt996
i bang this V V
CF Pimp
supermatt996's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:54 AM
Flip Offs: 20
Flipped Off 31 Times in 17 Posts
supermatt996 has much to be proud ofsupermatt996 has much to be proud ofsupermatt996 has much to be proud ofsupermatt996 has much to be proud ofsupermatt996 has much to be proud ofsupermatt996 has much to be proud ofsupermatt996 has much to be proud ofsupermatt996 has much to be proud ofsupermatt996 has much to be proud ofsupermatt996 has much to be proud ofsupermatt996 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Can I store my bike in my apartment

dont know for sure but like a 1/3 of the guys on here dont got garages and work on their bikes in their apartments
supermatt996 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived supermatt996!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
robsroadeater
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
robsroadeater's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:54 AM
Flip Offs: 532
Flipped Off 1,212 Times in 630 Posts
robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Talking Re: Can I store my bike in my apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Hey all, I just wanted to know if I could store my bike in my apartment in NYC. I know it's possible and last I checked the laws were that you could not have gas or any other fluids in the vehicle, like oil. Normally I wouldn't give a fuck, but my neighbors are asses so I need to make sure I am on point.

So does anyone know if a vehicle w/o gas or oil can go into an apartment?

Thx
Dont see why not mate its a family member right?Doesnt bark,bite,shit on the rug,piss in the corner ,get raving drunk, try to hump the postladys leg,swear or scream obscenities,flash its genitals,fart in yer face,puke on you,shag yer mum,shoot guns randomly into the darkness at night,sell crack,smell like a mutherfucker,or create a "RUCKUS"...Fuck yeah mate stick it inside its getting cold at night now .....

...ALL FER ONE AND ONE FER ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

OUR FALLEN FIGHTERS
MadMadame
Greencheezeeta
Remi
PanzerRider
Punkvernie
robsroadeater is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived robsroadeater!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #4
MrFreeze5
I'm Watching You
Fighterer
MrFreeze5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:54 AM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MrFreeze5 is a glorious beacon of lightMrFreeze5 is a glorious beacon of lightMrFreeze5 is a glorious beacon of lightMrFreeze5 is a glorious beacon of lightMrFreeze5 is a glorious beacon of lightMrFreeze5 is a glorious beacon of lightMrFreeze5 is a glorious beacon of lightMrFreeze5 is a glorious beacon of lightMrFreeze5 is a glorious beacon of lightMrFreeze5 is a glorious beacon of light

Lots of people store their bikes inside. Hell, Ive been working on mine in my living room for the last month, but I didnt put any fluids in it until I rolled it back out. Mainly in case there waws a coolant leak, I didnt want my dog to get into it. And guess what, as soon as I filled it i realized I forgot to tighten 2 or 3 clamps. I would recommend draining the fluids before storing in your apt, but you should be fine. Tell your neighbors to mind their own fucking business
MrFreeze5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #5
Von-Rottes
Cherry Poppin Fun
Fighterer
Von-Rottes's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 12 Times in 6 Posts
Von-Rottes is making some friendsVon-Rottes is making some friendsVon-Rottes is making some friends

At least i know its been done....
Go for it?

Fuck dat...
Von-Rottes is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Von-Rottes!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #6
clutch
Noobie
clutch is a NOOB

Thanks fellas, but I know I can do it, but I was trying to find out if it is LEGAL to do it here in NY. I think the law was you can store ANY vehicle so long as it doesn't have any fluids.

I rent in a co-op so a lot of the folks here are older owners of their apartments. They bitch about noise, smoke, etc. So I am just trying to be ready in case they try to say I can't have my bike in my apartment.

I'm on half a tank now so when she is on E I will drain her and put her inside. I can't wait. I am never sleeping or leaving my apartment. What!??! My bike and football....fuhgedaboudit.

Thanks all.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #7
robsroadeater
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
robsroadeater's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 532
Flipped Off 1,212 Times in 630 Posts
robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!robsroadeater is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Talking Re: Can I store my bike in my apartment

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Thanks fellas, but I know I can do it, but I was trying to find out if it is LEGAL to do it here in NY. I think the law was you can store ANY vehicle so long as it doesn't have any fluids.

I rent in a co-op so a lot of the folks here are older owners of their apartments. They bitch about noise, smoke, etc. So I am just trying to be ready in case they try to say I can't have my bike in my apartment.

I'm on half a tank now so when she is on E I will drain her and put her inside. I can't wait. I am never sleeping or leaving my apartment. What!??! My bike and football....fuhgedaboudit.

Thanks all.
Bring it up here Clutch you can put it in my basement for the winter FREE...

...ALL FER ONE AND ONE FER ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

OUR FALLEN FIGHTERS
MadMadame
Greencheezeeta
Remi
PanzerRider
Punkvernie
robsroadeater is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-19-2009, 06:09 PM   #8
shift1313
GURU

shift1313's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 6 Times in 6 Posts
shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!shift1313 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

Most of the time you will have specifics in your renters agreement. usually oil containers wouldnt be an issue but fuel certainly is.

I built my bike in my apartment years ago and the management did send me a notice once. They also told me i couldnt keep it out on the porch either. Another place i lived in I kept 3 bikes inside.

If you are worried about the legality of it you need to call whoever you rent from of the police and ask. If you are scared to ask them, its probably not legal
shift1313 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #9
VeS206
tard..
Fighter
VeS206's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
VeS206 is a NOOB

Me and my girl live in an apartment. 1st floor.. Mine chills in the spare room next to my XB and KTM and her DRZ... ahha! oh well.. and yes, theres still gas and oil in mine, the room has hard wood floors so i just simply put rags below. Tho they dont leeak, but its a just incase they do.

KTM 450SMR... Plated
ZX6R... Dailey Duty
Husky TC450... Sumo Duty
VeS206 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #10
MadMadame
Konichiwa Bitches
MadMadame's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 122
Flipped Off 105 Times in 40 Posts
MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

It does depend on the rules where you live. I know one couple around here who have 6-8 bikes between the two of them-and since their garage is only so big, they work on the bikes in the kitchen...who really needs a kitchen table, anyway? lol
MadMadame is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MadMadame!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginner Streetfighter Questions