MikeGyver's 2003 SV650 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > MikeGyver's 2003 SV650

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
MikeGyver
\_(ツ)_/
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:15 PM
Flip Offs: 247
Flipped Off 130 Times in 116 Posts
MikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robbo
Default MikeGyver's 2003 SV650

Hey everyone. Ive been working on my SV for the last year or so. Sold my Buell Blast for what I bought if for and picked up the SV the very next day. I was looking for an SV for a month or so and when this popped up on Craigslist for a killer price. I snapped it up the same day the listing went up. Started out as an S model and I rode it that way for 6 months or so until I got tired of the wrist pain.

Picked up naked triples and full front brake set up. Needed longer brake lines and it was just cheaper to pick up the whole package some guy was selling on another forum.

So this is what she looked like the first day I brought her home:

Decided to go naked and start taking off all the unnecessary crap and go as light as possible for as cheap as possible. I did not want the massive stock gauge so I ordered a Vapor and proceeded to hack up the top clamp to get rid of the ugliness. Picked up some Dominators and sanded them down to put some trusted powdercoat on them. I had no idea what kind of quality they were and wanted to be sure they would not fade really fast.

Removed all the fairings and hardware. Pulled the front end off and replaced it with the naked version:

Top triple before hacking off the V section:

Back together with Renthal Fatbars and ignition relocated to the inside of the frame:

MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #2
MikeGyver
\_(ツ)_/
MikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robboMikeGyver must be robbo
Default Re: MikeGyver's 2003 SV650

Dominators fresh out of the box:

Dominators after sanding the old crap off and baking them at cure temp to get rid of any oils or other residue:

Dominators after the powder is sprayed before curing:

Dominators after curing, flat black and v twin orange:

MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #3
MikeGyver
\_(ツ)_/

Next was making the brackets for the headlight. I picked up some stock SV naked brackets and cut off the existing part I was not going to use and went to work on customizing. Decided to just run 1 light.

1st I had to cut off the S fairing mount from the neck. I wanted the headlight as tight to the bike as I could get it. No turning back now:

Couple of pieces of thick sheet metal bent to shape and tacked:

Trim the excess:

If it ain't tight, it ain’t right:

Poke some holes for that light weight race look:

Put back together, you can see the front of the top triple. I like how clean it looks now:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-23-2009, 11:29 PM   #4
MikeGyver
\_(ツ)_/

Next I went to work on the rear sets. The paint or powdercoat was starting to wear off and looked fugly. Sanded them down and decided to cut out some excess on the right side. No ill effects after a few thousand miles.

Before:

After sanding paint and removing some material:

Some guy on the WERA forum was selling milled down GSXR rotors. Took a pound off the back wheel!

Stock:

Lightened. You can see the shortened can in this one. The PO dropped the bike and damaged the side of the can so I cut it down and flipped the end cap around to hide the damage:

PAIR system has also been removed. New chain and +3 rear sprocket.

Still to come to reduce weight:

GSXR USD front (in the mail)
Undertail exhaust
Custom tail
Shorty levers
Home made aluminum kickstand
Home made aluminum subframe
.and more (cause I am having a brain fart right now)
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-23-2009, 11:44 PM   #5
Hitman Cody2130
GURU

CF Addict
Hitman Cody2130's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:15 PM
Flip Offs: 45
Flipped Off 10 Times in 5 Posts
Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Hitman Cody2130 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Looks good man! I love SV650's. They look so good fightered out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalonka View Post
If the Mob didn't have Tommy Guns, they would have used Street Fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGGIN View Post
And if the good lord didn't want us to masturbate, he would have made our arms shorter.
Hitman Cody2130 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #6
WhiteGoodman
Duc huntin season
Fighter
WhiteGoodman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:15 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 4 Times in 1 Post
WhiteGoodman is a NOOB

Front of that bike is clean, I like it a lot.
WhiteGoodman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-24-2009, 12:06 AM   #7
SV66650
Whomadethatmanagunner?

CF Pimp
SV66650's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 11
Flipped Off 22 Times in 20 Posts
SV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to beholdSV66650 is a splendid one to behold
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

I like what you've done with the front end... the only change I would make is taking the ridiculous headlight mount that suzuki put on the standard SV.

SV66650 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #8
MikeGyver
\_(ツ)_/

Got my GSXR forks and wheel in a few weeks ago. Have not had much time work on stuff. Took everything apart and ordered new seals, wipers, and bearings.

In pieces getting ready for powder:

My iginition is relocated to the inside of the frame so the ignition loop had to go:

Have not had a chance to smooth out the fill:

I am going to powder coat the wheel a different color, just not sure what yet. Perfect wheel:

These damn machine groves are a real pain to smooth out:

Need to get the forks on so I can measure for custom brake lines.

Thanks for lookin!!!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-15-2009, 11:48 PM   #9
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:15 PM
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

lookin real good so far

Quote:
Gavin, I know you are in heaven. Please don't modify it too much!
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-16-2009, 12:37 AM   #10
sevenpointsixtwo
Recent Transplant
CF Pimp
sevenpointsixtwo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:15 PM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 7 Times in 7 Posts
sevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of lightsevenpointsixtwo is a glorious beacon of light

Love it, super clean so far. It's going to be a sick build! I ran the same headlight setup on my SV for a while before switching to the wave.

2006 SV1000S Project Thread
sevenpointsixtwo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes