The Lone Sabre - Page 7 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts

Notices

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > The Lone Sabre

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #61
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp
SabreV45's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:03 PM
Flip Offs: 240
Flipped Off 84 Times in 31 Posts
SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!
Default Re: The Lone Sabre

I laid down another layer of fiberglass on the headlight and sanded it down again. Then I threw a coat of cheap primer on it to see the pinholes and unlevel surfaces. It looks pretty good, going to need to do a skim coat of filler and knock that down and it should be good.

Also got my bar end mirror in the mail. I'm just using one of the Third Eye bike mirrors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter
By the riders and for the riders, streetfighters we are and united we will stand.
"The Lone Sabre" Build - 84 Sabre (Sold)
"Bastard Child Hybrid" Build - XS / FZR
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
SabreV45 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-28-2010, 08:11 PM   #62
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp
SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!SabreV45 is a wicked helpful, well liked member!

I was test fitting all the coolant pipes onto the engine and noticed a problem. With the coolant pipes on, the T for the oil mod lines is in a place so that the connector for the front heads oil mod line is blocked by the coolant pipe.

So, I cut another piece of hose and made a new line for the rear head that was 1.5" longer, so it moved the T further towards the side of the engine, giving me room to run the line under the coolant pipe. The braided line is rubbing on the coolant pipe a little bit, so before I assemble it for the final time I'm going to put some heatshrink on the braided line where the pipe is so it won't rub.

Since I put that extra 1.5" in the line, it gave me more slack on the main line from the oil gallery so I can get it around the front motor mount easier, without so much rubbing.

I also cleaned up the clutch side cover a bit. The paint was dull and just didn't look good, and the bare aluminum parts were oxidized. So, I took some sandpaper and S100 to it and now it looks just like new.
Before:

After:

I started cleaning up the rest of the gasket surfaces on the engine so I can get this thing reassembled soon. I also have been replacing all the seals that I can and cleaning it up along the way.

Quote:
By the riders and for the riders, streetfighters we are and united we will stand.
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
These people High Fived SabreV45!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #63
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp

Got a little bit done this morning. I got my gear indicator housing loaded up with the leds and mounted it onto the tach.

I also got the frame and swingarm completely stripped down so that I can get it all painted up tomorrow.

Quote:
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
This user High Fived SabreV45!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2010, 04:19 PM   #64
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp

Got some more parts painted. I got the frame, subframe / main coolant pipe and swingarm painted. I did them all with a satin black paint. It is less glossy in person, more of a satin than gloss.

Quote:
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #65
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:03 PM
Flip Offs: 37
Flipped Off 47 Times in 37 Posts
SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SEBSPEED is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I like satin black. That oil mod looks familiar too!

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

2011 Buildoff bike continued: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=47081

05 VFR800 - daily driver
81 CB900F Supersport - http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=47081
96 VFR750
83 VF750F - http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=18850
95 XR250R
96 XR400R
00 XR70R
03 CRF150F

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
Fookin luv them Hondassssssssssss.
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-30-2010, 04:27 PM   #66
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBSPEED View Post
I like satin black. That oil mod looks familiar too!
+1 on satin black, I love that color. You should definitely recognize the oil mod, pretty much the same engine as yours, got the parts from the same store, and hell, I even used your thread as a guide when making mine.

Quote:
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #67
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp

I managed to get the swingarm and rear suspension bolted up and torqued down. I cleaned everything up before I bolted it down, so the back end is ready to go. I mounted the rear wheels so I could bounce the rear and make sure everything was working, which it is.

After I had that all mounted, I decided to mock up the triples, forks, front wheel, headlight bucket, clipons, gas tank and one caliper just to get a good idea of how everything is going to look together. I'm really liking it.

I haven't gotten a ton done this week because of my other project that I just started. I started to do a quad-HID projector retrofit for my 00 Eclipse. I bought all of the parts with a little extra money I had from selling the overpriced cold air intake that came on my car and buying a short ram intake for a lot less. I couldn't stand having all the parts lying around so I started the retrofit. I'm using a pair of clear lense aftermarket projectors which I'm modifying the cutoff shields and color modding them which will be a low-beam / fog light and a pair of Infinity G35 bixenon projectors with a pair of replica FX clear lenses and being color modded. They're going to be mounted in a pair of aftermarket headlight housings which already have a shroud with two circular cutouts which I mounted the projectors to aim through. Here's a couple of pictures just because.

Quote:
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
This user High Fived SabreV45!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #68
Taiden
I love lamps

CF Pimp
Taiden's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 89 Times in 45 Posts
Taiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud of

I just started reading up on HID planet. I'm glad to see that you did a 7" round with a bi-xenon projector.

Can you get pictures of the light pattern in the bike housing? looking hella awesome pun not intended

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

#1 + #2
88 FZR400 ~ link
Tall Bike ~ Build
Taiden is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #69
RedEye669
Candy Paint Whore
CF Lover
RedEye669's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:03 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 10 Times in 8 Posts
RedEye669 is a glorious beacon of lightRedEye669 is a glorious beacon of lightRedEye669 is a glorious beacon of lightRedEye669 is a glorious beacon of lightRedEye669 is a glorious beacon of lightRedEye669 is a glorious beacon of lightRedEye669 is a glorious beacon of lightRedEye669 is a glorious beacon of lightRedEye669 is a glorious beacon of lightRedEye669 is a glorious beacon of lightRedEye669 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiden View Post
hella awesome pun not intended

I thought this level of humour could only be found by browsing 6dollarshirts.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO EBRMC
You should be aware that going down this path will require a leap of faith. You will need to be prepared for that first chop - the one that renders your bike unrideable until the job is done.
My ADD/OCD random verbal diarrhea and occasionally even BUILD thread
RedEye669 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #70
Taiden
I love lamps

CF Pimp
Taiden's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 89 Times in 45 Posts
Taiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud ofTaiden has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEye669 View Post

I thought this level of humour could only be found by browsing 6dollarshirts.com
get it? like the automotive lighting manufacturer?

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

#1 + #2
88 FZR400 ~ link
Tall Bike ~ Build
Taiden is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes