Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

AtlStreetFighter's B12 Build

40K views 206 replies 51 participants last post by  AtlStreetfighter 
#1 ·
OK So I have been asked to start a Build Thread. Some of you may remember me from FF09. I wanted to do a few things to my bike over the winter. But with some pushing I am doing a lot more then I had planed. There is a lot to be done and with Scrapy help I hope to get it all done and keep you all posted on the work we are doing as we do it.

So just to let you know where I started from. This is how the bike looked the day she came home with me.

OK so this is where it was at the end of the summer. I have done somethings to it to get it to this point. But we will call this the begin.

So now the bike is all apart and sitting here and there and around.

Some of the mods. planed for the bike are:

But some of the plans I have with the bike is a lot of power costing and some paint. I have a new set of forks I will be putting on the bike. This is them when I first got them. But I do plan on adding some power coat to them as well.

New one off handle bars. If you like them Talk with Scrapy he may make you a set. This is not done yet but it gives you a idea of what we are doing.

New head light I will give you a clue of what we are doing but there will be more to it. But this is a Idea.

And one of the things I am looking most forward to is the swing arm. I think this is going to take the longest and most work but I think it will put the bike over the top. It will be a Tubular SSSA with a 240 tire on a car rim.This is the car rim I plan on using on the bike.

This is the start of the mock up swing arm to see how its going to work out.

Ok So that is where we are now. I will try and reply back to anyone who haves anything they want to know. If I dont know Scrapy will come in and pick it up where I dont.

See less See more
#6 ·
I'm assuming the SSSA will be the same extended length as the swingarm you just took off?

#10 ·
Sweet deal. I plan to keep an eye on your swinger build too. I'm going to be modifying the shit out of a vfr swinger, but I might just end up making one from scratch. Sweet to see a build thread though.

#22 ·
so i take it your doing this with a 110 stick welder? if so im BEGGING you to take it to a weld shop and either get it tigged (ideally) or atleast gas shielded migged. PLEASE!!!!!!! this is of the utmost safety. if a weld fails on ur swingarm ur wrecking 100% no if's.... and's.... or but's about it.

#21 ·
Yes we are going to brace it. We did start on the brace but ran out of light and we needed food in the belly. And since we are working outside and its been raining here all weekend and week long we have not got back to it yet.

#23 ·
this is just the mockup run isnt it??? i think they're re-doing the whole thing after they get it all figured out paully.

Reactions: Scrapyard
#24 ·
Calm down paully. The one made out of conduit is just to see how everything works out. They are gonna use thick walled aluminum tubing for the real thing, it will be welded by a proffesional too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.