How to fit a Single sided swing arm to your Blade - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Swingarm Swaps
Register iTrader FAQDonate Image Host All New Posts New Streetfighter Posts Insurance

Swingarm Swaps Swingarm and Rear End Swap Discussion goes here

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > How to fit a Single sided swing arm to your Blade

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
CBRRRT
Stinky Crusty Old Bastard
CF Addict
CBRRRT's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:14 PM
Flip Offs: 15
Flipped Off 6 Times in 5 Posts
CBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 
Default How to fit a Single sided swing arm to your Blade

HOW TO FIT A SSSA TO YOUR BLADE

There are two types of 750 swing arm the one above is the one YOU DON'T WANT This was an expencive mistake I made, so double check with the vendor that the shock linkage is the same as your blade. The correct arm comes off a 94 to 96 VFR 750. Before 1994 they are wrong wrong wrong......... and you dont want that now do you!

I'm not bitter

The one on the left is the right arm, and the one on the right is wrong. they also have some codes on them that refer to the year of manufacture.

[size=5]MZ7 is the right code for the year you need [^][/size=5]

[size=5]M14 is not the code you want[/size=5][size=5][V][/size=5]

Back wheele out with a bunch of other stuff.

This is the spacer 25mm outside dia with a 20mm hole through it, and 25mm long

The spacer fits snugly into the right hand side of the swing arm. its easier to hold it in place with a little dollop of cream cheese or KY gel.

Had to remove the padock stand to take the pressure off the swing arm so I can drop out the shock. Problem was the axel stands were to short. I knocked up a platform out of 50x50 and ply to lift them up a bit.

Started to undo the bolts to drop the shock, then thought it might be a good idea to take a photo so I remember how it goes back together.

I wish my woman was as dirty as that!

So anyway, the shock is out and needs a bit of doing up, and the next thing to go is the swing arm.

This is the castle nut you have to undo first.

And you will need one of these sockets. I got this one off ebay for around $43.00

Undo the castle nut and remove it from the swinging arm spindle. then as in this photo use a normal 27mm socket to undo the hex nut on the other side.

Now go back to the first side and use a 11mm allen key socket to remove the centre spindle.

Slide out the spindle, and drop out the swing arm. To completely remove the old arm you will need to split your chaine.

Slip the new one back in with the 25mm spacer on the right hand side of the arm

And prop the swing arm up on something proppy.

Reinstall the shock and the linkage, but leave the top bolt of the shock untill last. Tighten up all the bolts that go through the bottom of the shock linkage, then gently lift, or lower the swing arm to locate the bolt through the top of the shock.

I fucked about for ages trying to line up the bottom bolts, the penny droped, and it went straight in.

Drrrrrrrr!!

Once the top of the shock is dun up you can de-prop-ulate the back of the swing arm

Look at all that room I have to put the zorsty bits in to.

Could'nt resist putting on the rear hoop

And there we are then. Swing arm in..... It was one of the easy jobs so far, just check you get the right swing arm and it will slot straight in with the addition of the spacer shown earlier...

WHAT SPACER???

Wernt you watching???

This Fuckin spacer........... Oh never mind um going ome!

http://www.facebook.com/honda.streetfighter Wun Farzund
My mind is glowing............................................. ...........Ingerlund
CBRRRT is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived CBRRRT!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: How to fit a Single sided swing arm to your Blade

good right up. too bad not all sssa swaps aren't that easy

Quote:
Gavin, I know you are in heaven. Please don't modify it too much!
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
haro504
Fighter In Training
haro504's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:14 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
haro504 is a NOOB

is the only difference in the swing arms the linkage mount
haro504 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2010, 03:32 AM   #4
CBRRRT
CF Addict
CBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to beholdCBRRRT is a splendid one to behold
Fighter of the Month 

yes mate, the shock link.

My mind is glowing............................................. ...........Ingerlund
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2010, 05:22 AM   #5
megawatt
do it yerself
Fighter
megawatt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:14 PM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
megawatt is a NOOB

Hey up John!
megawatt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #6
CBRRRT
CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Hi mate, found your way on here to av ya........... wait a mo, you aint stalkin me are ya?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
megawatt
do it yerself
Fighter
megawatt's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:14 PM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
megawatt is a NOOB

YEAH!!!!!!!!
megawatt is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #8
Gixerman
Gixer Junkie

Gixerman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:14 PM
Flip Offs: 41
Flipped Off 55 Times in 45 Posts
Gixerman has a brilliant futureGixerman has a brilliant futureGixerman has a brilliant futureGixerman has a brilliant futureGixerman has a brilliant futureGixerman has a brilliant futureGixerman has a brilliant futureGixerman has a brilliant futureGixerman has a brilliant futureGixerman has a brilliant futureGixerman has a brilliant future

Nice write up and really helpfull
Gixerman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #9
shotgun
Fast ZX-12R

shotgun's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:14 PM
Flip Offs: 132
Flipped Off 121 Times in 103 Posts
shotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on hereshotgun spends too much time on here
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

Nice write up. Thats a pretty sraight forward swap. looks cool.
shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #10
ARNO
Too much is never enough!
CF Addict
ARNO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:14 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 81 Times in 81 Posts
ARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to allARNO is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

good write up mate

ARNO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Street Fighter Swaps > Swingarm Swaps